X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Problems with the SuperFriends Scarecrow

Well it looks like I'll have to buy a new Scarecrow. In my attempt tp pose him for pics, the figure's left arm protruded into the body, the hand came off and when I tried to get the arm back out, it broke as did the right leg. And of course, the hat was way too big and hardly ever stays on unless you pose him really still. I honestly wish they could have just made the hat on his head permanent since I never saw the Scarecrow without his hat. I may have to use gorilla glue to keep the hat on the head. Anyway, has anybody else have any problems with their SuperFriends Scarcrow, or Toyman or Sinestro since they are on the skinny bodies? As much as I love the work they've done on the SuperFriends characters, the Scarecrow is not one of them. This is one figure that DC Direct did the better job with their Scarecrow figure.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
    Well it looks like I'll have to buy a new Scarecrow. In my attempt tp pose him for pics, the figure's left arm protruded into the body, the hand came off and when I tried to get the arm back out, it broke as did the right leg. And of course, the hat was way too big and hardly ever stays on unless you pose him really still. I honestly wish they could have just made the hat on his head permanent since I never saw the Scarecrow without his hat. I may have to use gorilla glue to keep the hat on the head. Anyway, has anybody else have any problems with their SuperFriends Scarcrow, or Toyman or Sinestro since they are on the skinny bodies? As much as I love the work they've done on the SuperFriends characters, the Scarecrow is not one of them. This is one figure that DC Direct did the better job with their Scarecrow figure.
    The only FTC skinny body figure I have is the new Riddler and it's terrible.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I actually got the FTC skeleton yesterday (a free gift with a recent purchase) and when I attempted to place a black druid robe on him, his legs fell off. Turns out his entire crotch bone area split in half and this is the piece that holds his legs in place. I had to carefully get everything back together and use Gorilla Glue to hold it in place. It seems every time I purchase a figure or some other item from FTC there is some kind of issue with it.
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Plastic Vulcan
        • Apr 25, 2019

The first and only time I bought a FTC Body (not a character, just a body just a body for a custom) it came out of the box with a broken hand, the elbow joint was so loose it couldn't hold a pose, the feet were pigeon toed and the fingers on the other hand's thumb snapped off when I tried to put on a glove. Other than that, it is a quality figure.

That being said, I still buy from FTC. They have some decent head sculpts, clothes and repro accessories and I live in the city they are based in so I get whatever I order the next day. If they have a figure of a character I am interested in, I will either buy it for the parts to put the head and clothes on a Mego Body or I will just buy those items separately. They do sell them that way because they know their bodies are of such low quality and people are doing it anyway.

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

The skinny body sucks big time. My Scarecrow and Sinistro won't stand up for nothing. Not to mentions the Scarcrows neck is all jacked up.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ScottA
            The skinny body sucks big time. My Scarecrow and Sinistro won't stand up for nothing. Not to mentions the Scarcrows neck is all jacked up.
            Same with my Riddler. His legs are permanently stuck together. You can barely pry them apart and they snap right back.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
              Career Member
              • Jul 23, 2019

Yes, I also ordered just a regular 8-inch body from FTC because I want to use it for a custom, but it is so pigeon toed it looks ridiculous. Also, once before I ordered a body from them and it came with two left feet.
              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I bought one skinny body for a test run. Fail.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

I quit FTC quite a while ago. The lack of quality at the prices they charge is unforgivable. Their figures rarely are able to stand on their own, break with little provocation, and feature way too many gigantic heads to overlook. And apparently the storage conditions in their Florida warehouse lead to crumbling and flaking clothing?
                  No thanks.
                  I can’t imagine these being played with by kids, the way we played with our Megos in the 70’s. They’d be in the garbage can by the end of the first week.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

The first one I got, Superboy, wasn't terrible. My first new Robin, The Teen Wonder, wasn't great, but it worked and stands.

But my second Teen Robin that came loose in the large solid box with a 1st Appearance Robin? AWFUL! Mostly worthless, because the clothes don't fit any other body.

My Trenchcoat Joker stands with a LaserMego stand, and those are the only ones on skinny bodies that I have opened.

If FTC could get that skinny body right, there is so much use for it. But alas...

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                      Put him on an S type body- problem solved

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎