Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The thing that always bugged me about the Planet of the Apes movies.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
    Like most sci-fi TV shows and movies the place on the planet where the story is taking place usually represents the whole planet -- which seems unlikely

Like In Star Trek's A Piece of the Action --- Bella is the biggest Boss in the world but he's in the same city as the Second, Third and Fourth Biggest Bosses in the world.

In Star Trek's Miri …. The entire world's most technically advanced offices were in a town the size of Mayberry --- actually it WAS Mayberry

The same goes for Planet of the Apes … Do these Apes REALLY rule the world ? ……… I can't imagine any of them travelling more than 100 miles if that.

Taylor had it right to just leave and look for something else --- For all we know the "Planet of the Apes" was just a large attraction in a human ran zoo.
    you are correct. one of the comic companies in the 90's did some cool Apes comics where they explored other parts of the world, like Europe. I think there were gangster apes, if I recall correctly. it was fun stuff

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Mikey
      For all we know the "Planet of the Apes" was just a large attraction in a human ran zoo.
      What the Mikey is going on! Silly boy, dontcha know these are documentaries!?!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        yeah, but planet of the pygmy goats doesn't have the same ring to it
        There wouldn't even be planet of the pygmy donkeys and goats because they are super sweet and adorable. Look at this little guy.

Mind you that guy is unusually small. But you can imagine what a couple of generations of selective breeding would do. Super tiny and super cute.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
          What the Mikey is going on! Silly boy, dontcha know these are documentaries!?!
          Sure sure, and next thing you’ll be telling us is, that these weren’t really apes, just humans in makeup and costumes.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎