Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Type S bodies are back in stock at FTC

• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Is it just me, or do they look different?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

if that is a new pic they look shinier.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I don't remember them having so much articulation.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I don't remember them having so much articulation.
          that's the same, from the pic it looks like different plastic
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Are they different? As far as plastic goes or anything? I have a few type s figures and I feel like I pose them a couple of times and they get really loose and floppy and won’t even stand on their own. Maybe a different plastic will help that.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

It could easily be the pic. FTC photographs everything to look like Autons.

I think it's the hips. They look overly-wide compared to my Type-S. But that could be the angle. They shoot pelvis-focused, which has been a mistake for years on...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                Are they different? As far as plastic goes or anything? I have a few type s figures and I feel like I pose them a couple of times and they get really loose and floppy and won’t even stand on their own. Maybe a different plastic will help that.
                never had that problem, its just hard to retighten the screws to keep the arms from getting floppy for me. I doubt oilier looking plastic will help with posing.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  never had that problem, its just hard to retighten the screws to keep the arms from getting floppy for me. I doubt oilier looking plastic will help with posing.
                  It can’t possibly be just me. In no time, the ankles swing like the doors on a western saloon, the knees won’t hold a bent position and they slowly sink, the elbows... anyway, I don’t know.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

It can’t possibly be just me. In no time, the ankles swing like the doors on a western saloon, the knees won’t hold a bent position and they slowly sink, the elbows... anyway, I don’t know.
                    I am sure its not just you, I've just not had that happen on the few I've got. Now the glow ones suck pretty bad, really brittle plastic. Here's to hoping FTC doesn't manage to make things worse.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

New Type S heads just went LIVE too!!!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        I am sure its not just you, I've just not had that happen on the few I've got. Now the glow ones suck pretty bad, really brittle plastic. Here's to hoping FTC doesn't manage to make things worse.
                        I don’t have many, but for all the hype as there is for them, I just end up feeling disappointed.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I had breakage problems with my clear ones.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

I still prefer the original Castaway body and the Zica "Type Z" over the Type S, but I have had good experience with the Type S.

I don’t have many, but for all the hype as there is for them, I just end up feeling disappointed.
                            Did you buy your figures in the Kickstarter or in a later run? I bought something like 2 dozen in the Kickstarter and have not had any issues (except for the stripped screw issue).

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Yeah, I had breakage problems with my clear ones.
                            All clear figures seem to be prone to breakage. The EMCE clear body had issues as well.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                              Did you buy your figures in the Kickstarter or in a later run? I bought something like 2 dozen in the Kickstarter and have not had any issues (except for the stripped screw issue).
                              I bought 2 at Mego Meet in 2018 and I ordered 2 from FTC around the end of last year. 2 of the 4 I got had stripped screws, as far as that goes.

My interest piqued when I thought the new ones might be different.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎