Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins Lords of Power 5-Pack images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

MOTU Origins Lords of Power 5-Pack images!

These are incredible! Mattel is knocking it out of the park with this line so far...that Mer-Man is absolute perfection.

Last edited by enyawd72; Mar 8, '20, 11:01 AM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

They look very nice. Makes sense for an exclusive. Nice to have but doesn't leave a hole in you collection if you cant get it. The price is pretty steep so I'm gonna pass.

I'm more interested in the exclusive She-Ra original toy version. Rooted hair! That's a must have.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

They look great, are the changes in detailing indicative of the mass-market line, too?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        They look great, are the changes in detailing indicative of the mass-market line, too?
        So far, yes, but mostly minor improvements.
        The mass-market Man-At-Arms has all new armor on his left arm to allow for elbow articulation. Many of the accessories have been upgraded as well.
        He-Man's shield is an all new sculpt with painted details instead of the cardboard insert of the original.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I like most of them. I'm less thrilled with Skeletor's head sculpt and Beast-Man's harness, but in general they are nice. Mer-man does look spiffy. I can appreciate that they are doing a something a little different than Classics designs.

Is the calf joint a design production feature or does it allow rotation?
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 7, '20, 6:43 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I like most of them. I'm less thrilled with Skeletor's head sculpt and Beast-Man's harness, but in general they are nice.
            They do a really good job of emulating the Lord of Power protos with not much new tooling. I like the regular mass release versions better. But they are nice piece of history.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I like most of them. I'm less thrilled with Skeletor's head sculpt and Beast-Man's harness, but in general they are nice. Mer-man does look spiffy. I can appreciate that they are doing a something a little different than Classics designs.

Is the calf joint a design production feature or does it allow rotation?
              These are based on the original 1981 concept prototypes before the line was even called Masters of the Universe. These are the "Lords of Power" Pretty cool!
              Yes, the calf/boot joint is articulated, and swappable. These figures will be completely customizable...similar to Hasbro's Hero Mashers.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks to you both for clarification--I need to re-read my Art of He-Man book!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

She-Ra exclusive. Rooted hair!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Thanks to you both for clarification--I need to re-read my Art of He-Man book!
                    Probably not in the art book. It's a pretty recent find.

Lords of Power info.

Update: this post has been recently updated with slightly nicer quality images, plus a new picture not previously shared. Many thanks to Andy Youssi. A rather incredible set of pictures has recentl…

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

I'm happy people like them, but they're so not for me.

I've invested in every generation of MOTU, except NA. My preference is the 2002 version.

I don't need to sink any more money into the property, with the possible exception of that WWE Macho Man at Arms.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

not for me either, to me they look like knock-offs. I had always wished He-man figures were like how they looked on the back of the original cards. And I'm not sure if I will get into this line or not, It's like a step back from the classics line, meaning I have all or most of the classics, will I want to or repeat getting the same characters over again in a new. less for adult collectors/more kid friendly style?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

That 5-pack is fantastic!
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎