Thread: I Saw The Invisible Man

Images

I Saw The Invisible Man

And it was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. I generally prefer horror that is more thriller than slasher and this film did a good job. It starts a slow burn that builds well to a smart ending. Moss does a good job in the lead. Overall, I think it was a good re-invention of a monster story. As you can tell from the trailer, other than a man who discovers the secret to invisibility and the title, this film has little to do with the Claude Rains film. If you can accept it isn't, this is a pretty enjoyable film. I do wish they hadn't revealed certain scenes in the trailer. It was a solid B, B+.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

I think because it's a modern setting it gets a "meh". If it took place like in 1890s or 1940s maybe more of a spike in interest. I think one made some years ago I think with Kevin Bacon looked pretty creepy.

Images
    yeah, that was called Hollow Man and it was pretty good

I saw the Invisible Man, good one.

Images
    Very good. Great first hour that really builds tension. The second half is a little more standard, but still good. Elizabeth Moss is great in it.

Images
    I thought the trailer looked okay and Iíll probably rent it but in no way do I see this as having any tie at all to the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    this film has little to do with the Claude Rains film.

"Claude Rains was The Invisible Man"
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Images
    I always liked Claude Rains! He never quite got the accolades he deserved! He was actually nominated four times for an Academy Award -- never won! He was just snake-bitten it seemed! He was a great actor though...……..

I really enjoyed this film. A vast improvement on the other more recent Universal classic monster remakes, although this one is a totally different take on the story. More of a thriller.
    Loved the original with Claude Rains.

Images
    I'd love to see a modern Dracula. Maybe start off with Bram Stoker leaving a dying declaration that he had been Jonathan Harker. That they had failed in their attempt to take down Dracula. And maybe set it around the time of the Cold War in Romania where a vampire's crimes might not be noticeable against the state's crimes...