Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer the Prequals or the Disney trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Vader in Rogue One is awesome, but that’s not a duel, that’s a massacre, lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

...and I already pointed out that I like Rogue One...so I have no problem with that scene being superior.

I said the Disney Trilogy sucks, not Rogue One.
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

It shows there's difference in style and tone. The Rogue one light sabre battle was in the style of the original trilogy. But they could have just easy gone prequel style and had Vader moving faster and spinning around. But they went with original trilogy style. Slower, precise, and deliberate. Powerful not showy.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I’m well aware of all that. But I also dig the martial arts aspect of the Darth Mall one. Both are awesome in my book. Yes, different, but both awesome in different ways.
          sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

When Disney puts out a clunker, it is like eating crap fast food... at best, forgettable; at worst, you hate yourself for it... but at least it is edible. The prequels may be a more ambitious menu, but a lot of it isn't even edible.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
              I’m well aware of all that. But I also dig the martial arts aspect of the Darth Mall one. Both are awesome in my book. Yes, different, but both awesome in different ways.
              I agree. It also makes perfect sense that different Jedi/Sith would employ different fighting styles. For instance, Kit Fisto with his head tendrils flopping around shouldn't really be doing flips. Otherwise he's liable to slice part of his own head off...LOL

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Yup, lol...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                  When Disney puts out a clunker, it is like eating crap fast food... at best, forgettable; at worst, you hate yourself for it... but at least it is edible. The prequels may be a more ambitious menu, but a lot of it isn't even edible.
                  Best post of this thread...that...or funniest one at least...

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

What prequels?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

The Sequels aren't as bad as fans make them out to be. What I have never understood was the whole "The Force Awakens is just a rehash of A New Hope!" And the Phantom Menace isn't? Desert planet? Check. Whiny kid? Check. Wise Jedi master killed off before training the hero? Check. Both heroes making impossible shots to blow up whatever is the big threat? Check.

Comment

• Riderfan
                        Megos are cool
                        • Feb 14, 2012

I really like the prequels. Certainly not the best movies ever made (same could be said about the OT) but its a cool back story as to fall of the Jedi & rise of the Empire. Which really is the fall of Anakin & the rise Darth Vader.

Rogue One & Solo IMO are good SW movies. Mandalorian is awesome.

Haven't seen ROS yet but if its like the TFA & TLJ I can wait til its on Disney+ for free. Not bad movies but to me its like 'meh whatever'.
                        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

The prequels blow the Disney trilogy out of the water for a number of reasons.

Darth Maul.
                          Duel of the Fates.
                          Ian McDiarmid...best bad guy ever.
                          Mace MF'n Windu.
                          Christopher Lee.
                          Obi-Wan is a badass.
                          Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            The prequels blow the Disney trilogy out of the water for a number of reasons.

Darth Maul.
                            Duel of the Fates.
                            Ian McDiarmid...best bad guy ever.
                            Mace MF'n Windu.
                            Christopher Lee.
                            Obi-Wan is a badass.
                            Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
                            And Natalie Portman is way hotter than Daisy Ridley...

sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

The Sequels.

The Last Jedi was the first time I was actually impressed by one of the main saga episodes since the OT.

The Prequels were a self fulfilling prophecy. They couldn't shock or innovate because they had to tell a story we already knew.

By that same token, TFA had to reestablish the familiar.

So when TLJ cut loose, it was the first time since ROTJ that we got a fresh story, and I loved it.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

I really can't imagine why people like these movies. Everything after the first movie made the first movie less and less special. I'm not really a fan of Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi. The original Star Wars is by far the best, and everything after it lessens it. I can't watch Star Wars anymore because of all the other movies...
                                And no, I do not call the movie "a new hope", because it was called Star Wars when I watched it!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎