Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer the Prequals or the Disney trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

If all 3 prequels were edited down into one 2 hour movie it would probably be pretty good - at least on par with Return of the Jedi.

The prequels biggest downside was they were too boring and contained way too much exposition …. Nobody cares about intricate explanations of the Trade Federation's politics …. Just call them the good guys or the bad guys and go do something interesting and exciting.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

For me this question is like - which do you prefer, malaria or tuberculosis?

The Force Awakens gave me a lot of fan service feels, which was the point. And I liked Rey. But the next two films left me flat.

The prequels were mostly boring and cringe-inducing. Watching RLM dismantle and mock them was 100x more entertaining than the movies..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

my problem with Revenge of the Sith, other than the wooden acting and awful dialog, was that Anakins turn to the dark side happened too fast. I mean he went from being a Jedi/Hero, to murdering children just like that

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I dislike both.

However, I have to choose...there must be a winner...

Prequels: Horrible, horrible, horrible acting...I mean horrible. Did I say horrible? Yes, horrible. Lucas turned them all into cardboard cutouts. I love Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Liam Nesson, but they were acting like a cast from Turkish Superman. Hayden Christensen was at the front of all this bad acting. Jar Jar Binks, good grief. Trade Federation dudes with those horrid yellow peril accents. That kid, yikes. The pod race was something outta the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. The ship/technology was more modern than the originals. Excessive CGI (that looks dated now). Too many boring political situations/scenes.

Nah, nothing you’ll say will change my mind, save it, lol.

Having said all that...PREQUELS >>>>>>>>>> Disney Trilogy

Why?

Darth Maul and his lightsaber duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn DESTROYS anything from the Disney Trilogy...

...and it’s not even close.

Prequels wins by massive devastating knockout!

Game over, man.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I did like Rogue One though, by far my favorite Disney produced Star Wars movie...followed by Solo...
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Now The Mandalorian on the other hand (I know, it’s not a movie)...the best Star Wars since the originals.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                I did enjoy Rogue One and Solo(although not quite as much) and Mandalorian is super fun.
                I like this guy...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I haven’t seen Rise of Skywalker. I’m sure it’s more of the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I think the duel of fates battle is a little too twirly.

In the original trilogy light sabers were supposed to be heavy and took great strength and concentration to wield them. It was like fighting with medieval broadswords. Powerful heavy weapons were every strike mattered and there was no wasted motion or energy. More like fighting with Conan's massive Atlantean sword than a Katana or fencing sword.

The newer battles were more visually exciting but lacked power and emotion of the original trilogy ones, in my opinion.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                      Youngest Mego Fan
                      • Aug 30, 2019

Both, but the Sequel Trilogy has Finn, so...
                      FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        I think the duel of fates battle is a little too twirly.

In the original trilogy light sabers were supposed to be heavy and took great strength and concentration to wield them. It was like fighting with medieval broadswords. Powerful heavy weapons were every strike mattered and there was no wasted motion or energy. More like fighting with Conan's massive Atlantean sword than a Katana or fencing sword.

The newer battles were more visually exciting but lacked power and emotion of the original trilogy ones, in my opinion.
                        I agree 100%. I particularly dislike the scene with Yoda flipping all around Dooku in their duel. Would Yoda even bother having a lightsaber? It’s like The Flash using a car.

The Vader/Kenobi duel at the end of New Hope may have lacked the action of later scenes, but had so much emotion that it’s my favorite.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I particularly dislike the scene with Yoda flipping all around Dooku in their duel.
                          That is more comical than cool.

I think what helps duel of fates is John William's tremendous score. It saves the battle.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

It saves the battle, lol.

You are making it seem like the Darth Maul scene was crappy or something. It’s an awesome martial arts/Kendo take on it, different than the others, yes...but awesome nevertheless.

We agree on the score...haunting, majestic...and beautiful.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

The Yoda one was comical though, agreed.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Compare duel of fates to Vader's scene in Rogue one. No jumping or twirling. Slow, powerful, menacing, unstoppable. Gives you chills. I'm not saying duel of fates is terrible or anything. But I think it is definitely made better than it is by John Williams score.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎