Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer the Prequals or the Disney trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I like Hayden actually. Never understood the hate for him, yet Natalie got a pass.

Attack of the Clones pushed the envelope on digital sets... but pushed it too far. The film's look suffers. But it allowed the technology to grow and evolve into the seamless environment building we see today with the Mandalorian's virtual sets.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
      I like Hayden actually. Never understood the hate for him, yet Natalie got a pass..
      Portman didn't have anybody to live up to … She was Queen Armadillo

Christenson did not live up to fans expectations of what a younger James Earl Jones would be like.

There's no way a young man that speaks like he's reading a boring school report to the class would eventually turn into James Earl Jones

Also, Portman gets a pass because she's extraordinarily cute

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
        Portman didn't have anybody to live up to … She was Queen Armadillo

Christenson did not live up to fans expectations of what a younger James Earl Jones would be like.

There's no way a young man that speaks like he's reading a boring school report to the class would eventually turn into James Earl Jones

Also, Portman gets a pass because she's extraordinarily cute
        I disagree...Anakin was very emotionally stunted. Hayden played him exactly as he should have...at times quiet, brooding, with outbursts of anger. Pretty much what we saw in Darth Vader. Hayden even had the David Prowse power walk down...something I don't think a lot of people noticed.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Prequels, but episode 1 is so slow for most of the movie, with a couple of bright spots. The other two worked fairly well (ending of episode III is rough) and I can watch those without cringing.

The Force Awakens had some good parts but it felt like all of the leading characters were forced down my throat. Last Jedi ruined many things for the new trilogy for me, and the Rise of Skywalker was fun, but I still didn't connect with any of the characters.

I did enjoy Rogue One and Solo(although not quite as much) and Mandalorian is super fun.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

Honestly the prequels. They have their issues, but bottom line I enjoy watching them more.
            Mortui Vivos Docent
            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I'm actually delighted to see so many people say they enjoyed the Prequels. I did too!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I actually bought my first new(ish) Star wars toy in over 20 years.

It was on clearance at the grocery store so why not.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

To each their own, but I'm really surprised to see so many people saying the prequels. As I said, I don't hate them, but I feel like there are good chunks of them are hard to watch, especially given how heavily Lucas leaned on the FX.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    To each their own, but I'm really surprised to see so many people saying the prequels. As I said, I don't hate them, but I feel like there are good chunks of them are hard to watch, especially given how heavily Lucas leaned on the FX.

Chris
                    I get why people dislike the Phantom Menace but Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith have more to get into than the sequels.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i actually thought Phantom Menace was the best of the prequels. the duel of the fates was simply amazing. AOTC and ROTS each had their moments but overall fell flat IMO. I still like them but they have some seriously slow moments and some really bad acting, with overuse of CGI

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

As absolutely flawed and schizophrenic as the Disney trilogy is, I like it better than the prequels.

There’s no point in listing all my problems with the prequels, so I’ll pick the biggest one. I can’t stand Anakins character in the prequels, and we should love him in order for his turn to be truly effective. The portrayal even undermines Darth Vader in the OT because now we know what a whiner he is under that helmet.

Thank the maker for The Mandalorian.
                        Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Mar 6, '20, 10:26 PM.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

I find Hayden Christensen unwatchable, and the prequels could have been salvaged if Lucas had someone other than him direct, but his direction got the worse performance from Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson that I have ever seen. When I went to see Revenge fo the Sith on opening weekend, in a sold out house, people were booing it about 20 minutes in and by the end half the audience was heckling the movie MST3000 style. I haven't watched it since. It took my wife a long time to convince me to even check out the Clone Wars animated series (which I do like) because of how unwatchable I found the Prequel Trilogy, and I entered the theatre with so much anticipation when the Phantom Menace opened, but found nothing but disappointment.

The Disney sequels are flawed, but at least for me they are watchable.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                            Prequels, but episode 1 is so slow for most of the movie, with a couple of bright spots. The other two worked fairly well (ending of episode III is rough) and I can watch those without cringing.

The Force Awakens had some good parts but it felt like all of the leading characters were forced down my throat. Last Jedi ruined many things for the new trilogy for me, and the Rise of Skywalker was fun, but I still didn't connect with any of the characters.

I did enjoy Rogue One and Solo(although not quite as much) and Mandalorian is super fun.
                            This is pretty much where I fall.

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

I like the Disney ones better. However, I thought Rise of Skywalker was the worst overall. I really liked Force Awakens and thought Last Jedi was interesting, if not altogether successful. The prequels were all okay. Revenge of the Sith is the best, but it still suffers from the same flaws as the first two. It just has more strengths. I don’t dislike any of the prequels. They are just deeply flawed.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

No contest for me...the Prequels hands down.I gave away my "Force Awakens" DVD...and have zero interest in the rest of them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎