Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

It's no '55 Futura, but I love it! I'm glad to see the Batmobile return to an impractical muscle car. Though I admit, I did wince a little with the engine on the outside.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

It reminds me of Mad Max and the last of the V8 Interceptors.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Batman definitely doesn't suck, but the way he's been written for the last 20 years has gotten completely out of hand. He's currently so invincible it's ridiculous. I remember my favorite issue of Batman from the 1970's. He was nearly killed by some random thugs running a smuggling operation on an abandoned offshore oil rig. THAT'S what is missing from the character today. There's no sense of danger. No peril for the hero. Without the possibility of defeat, he's become boring. A guy who once upon a time could be killed by a mugger can now go toe to toe with the likes of Superman or Darkseid and win every time. THAT is what sucks.

Great Batmobile BTW.
        Agreed.

I want Batman to be the world’s greatest detective...not the universe’s most omnipotent being.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
          I'm glad you wrote this Hector, because it's not just Batman. There is such a knee jerk response to criticize EVERYTHING once we get a peek these days. Star Wars, Star Trek... even the Marvel movies take a lot of heat from cine-snobs. I was flipping through old Starlogs and Fantastic Films magazines yesterday, and there was such excitement and optimism about all the space and fantasy films that we could look forward to in the wake of Star Wars. Of course, once we saw many of those films....they legitimately sucked.

We're all guilty (myself included) of critique and sharing our opinions. But I think sometimes you have to remember that for every voice of discontent, there's probably people who are fine or excited by it who say nothing. And it may not be the same people each time. Maybe the person who dislikes this Batmobile liked the tank.

Hard to tell. Internet is rough.
          Yeah, too much nerd angst.

I myself have been guilty of this. I’m no innocent bystander myself. I hated Tom Welling for years. Mainly because he didn’t don the suit until the final episode. But in reality, he was a pretty good Clark. So over time, I’ve gotten to appreciate Welling a bit more. Besides, we all know the worst Superman of all times is Tyler Hoechlin...
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
            It reminds me of Mad Max and the last of the V8 Interceptors.
            Yeah, good call!
            sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

cheer up ,it could have been worse :lol

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢