• Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Pattinson’s sneak peak of his Batmobile

Me likes...likes a LOT...

More angles:

Last edited by Hector; Mar 4, '20, 3:47 PM.
    sigpic
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, finally moving away from the tank thing. I liked it in Batman Begins, but it got old quick. It's the Bat-MOBILE, not Bat-PANZER.

Reminds me a bit of the Adams Corvette-like 'Mobile and a bit of Breyfogle. Also particularly the cover of the first Post-Crisis Jason Todd origin, although the car inside didn't quite match:

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Lets leave the engine exposed to gun fire, smartest guy in the world my arse.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Don’t you know the engine is bullet and missile proof?

I thought you knew your Batman, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Funny how no one ever gets pleased, no matter what. It’s a tank, sucks. It’s a tumbler, sucks. It’s a muscle car, sucks. His ears are too short, sucks. His ears are too long, sucks. He’s too armored, sucks. His Lycra suit looks like cheap cosplay, sucks. He wears black, sucks. He wears gray, sucks. He wears purple, sucks. He has Robin, sucks. He has no Robin, sucks. His voice is too deep, sucks. His voice is too high pitched, sucks. His emblem is black, sucks. His emblem is yellow, sucks. He fights Darkseid, sucks. He fights gangsters, sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

Poor Batman...

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I like it! No more bat tank.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
              Don’t you know the engine is bullet and missile proof?

I thought you knew your Batman, lol...
              sure it is, just like his chin. Maybe you should stick to Superman
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Yes, that will do nicely.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Yeah, awesome Batmobile.
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm surprised at how much I like it, because I don't like the Batsuit.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

looks like mopar, but with a vw engine. crazy

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I like the car! Also, I just heard that the Batsuit he's wearing is just his first prototype...he'll be wearing a different one by the end of the Movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Funny how no one ever gets pleased, no matter what. It’s a tank, sucks. It’s a tumbler, sucks. It’s a muscle car, sucks. His ears are too short, sucks. His ears are too long, sucks. He’s too armored, sucks. His Lycra suit looks like cheap cosplay, sucks. He wears black, sucks. He wears gray, sucks. He wears purple, sucks. He has Robin, sucks. He has no Robin, sucks. His voice is too deep, sucks. His voice is too high pitched, sucks. His emblem is black, sucks. His emblem is yellow, sucks. He fights Darkseid, sucks. He fights gangsters, sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

Poor Batman...

Batman definitely doesn't suck, but the way he's been written for the last 20 years has gotten completely out of hand. He's currently so invincible it's ridiculous. I remember my favorite issue of Batman from the 1970's. He was nearly killed by some random thugs running a smuggling operation on an abandoned offshore oil rig. THAT'S what is missing from the character today. There's no sense of danger. No peril for the hero. Without the possibility of defeat, he's become boring. A guy who once upon a time could be killed by a mugger can now go toe to toe with the likes of Superman or Darkseid and win every time. THAT is what sucks.

Great Batmobile BTW.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Poor Batman...

I'm glad you wrote this Hector, because it's not just Batman. There is such a knee jerk response to criticize EVERYTHING once we get a peek these days. Star Wars, Star Trek... even the Marvel movies take a lot of heat from cine-snobs. I was flipping through old Starlogs and Fantastic Films magazines yesterday, and there was such excitement and optimism about all the space and fantasy films that we could look forward to in the wake of Star Wars. Of course, once we saw many of those films....they legitimately sucked.

We're all guilty (myself included) of critique and sharing our opinions. But I think sometimes you have to remember that for every voice of discontent, there's probably people who are fine or excited by it who say nothing. And it may not be the same people each time. Maybe the person who dislikes this Batmobile liked the tank.

Hard to tell. Internet is rough.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                              I'm glad you wrote this Hector, because it's not just Batman. There is such a knee jerk response to criticize EVERYTHING once we get a peek these days. Star Wars, Star Trek... even the Marvel movies take a lot of heat from cine-snobs. I was flipping through old Starlogs and Fantastic Films magazines yesterday, and there was such excitement and optimism about all the space and fantasy films that we could look forward to in the wake of Star Wars. Of course, once we saw many of those films....they legitimately sucked.

We're all guilty (myself included) of critique and sharing our opinions. But I think sometimes you have to remember that for every voice of discontent, there's probably people who are fine or excited by it who say nothing. And it may not be the same people each time. Maybe the person who dislikes this Batmobile liked the tank.

Hard to tell. Internet is rough.
                              So true. I lament the inevitable fate of the classics...it seems today's generation has little interest in old black and white films, let alone *GASP* silent movies.
                              My wife's youngest sister didn't even believe such a thing existed. She refuses to watch one. Or a black and white film. Or period films, or foreign language films, or films with accents. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎