X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Any M.U.S.C.L.E. Collectors?

I know, it's an 80s toy, and a little outside the era most members here collect...

But does anybody collect?

I've been a fan since childhood, but became a BIG fan in College.

My recent trip to Tokyo reignited my love for the property, and now I'm working to complete a set in pink, then begin buying colored figures.

I'm only 15 figures away from a set.

Anybody got any for sale?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • toyhunter1970
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2020

Originally posted by B-Lister
    I know, it's an 80s toy, and a little outside the era most members here collect...

But does anybody collect?

I've been a fan since childhood, but became a BIG fan in College.

My recent trip to Tokyo reignited my love for the property, and now I'm working to complete a set in pink, then begin buying colored figures.

I'm only 15 figures away from a set.

Anybody got any for sale?
    my younger brother collects these he loves them

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I had them as a kid... Somewhere along the way I lost them, I guess. They were fun! I still keep my polyhedral dice in the clear garbage pail that the figures came in.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

They still make new ones in Japan.

I picked up this sweet Akuma Shogun on my first night in Tokyo:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iAJRG3]
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I was big into them in the 80's....even had the Mattel board game that came with green and purple figures.

I also remember getting figures inside cans of Nestle Quik

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Yup. I would love a copy of the game.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Here's the Nestle Quik container and figures...

NestleQuikCan1.jpg

NestleQuikCan2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I collect them and the Bandai toys Ultimate MUSCLE, plus the manga.
                You can download fansubs at hokutonogun.
                I would recommend joining another forum that specializes in things like MUSCLE.
                Try littlerubberguys.com and musclefigures.com
                I did. I completed my collection of the Mattel line with the help of others and buying bulk listings on eBay and then trading away what I could. Mind you, I don't have that rare, expensive #236 Satan Cross that fetches like $100.
                I put all my pink guys inside a clear gallon sized container that has a lid sold at Wal-Mart. I then bought a sticker on ETSY to put on the jar.
                I will caution you that, with some exception, there are folks on the MM forum who will sell you MUSCLE, but you're better off going another way. The only person I ever blocked here at the Mego Museum was a long time member here who was very rude to me because he claims I was a cheapskate for not paying him and his store staff for their time for going over their inventory and then not following up with his $1 each prices when I could buy from sellers on another forum for like $.25 each for the common ones. Considering I needed so many back then I wasn't interested in paying $1 each and everyone on the littlerubberguys forum thought that was absurd.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I have been a member of the LRG forum for almost 20 years. Well, I was a member before it existed as the LRG forum.

Prior to its current incarnation it was known as the AKIA forum (American Kinnikuman Information Archive). My handle at that time was Taichi, but I've since changed it to Krangala.

I already have two Satan Crosses (An American M.U.S.C.L.E. one, and a Japanese Keshi one with the back legs). And I'm currently reading the Manga for the first time (picked up the first 11 volumes in Tokyo).

I also keep my pinks in a gallon jar. I'd be interested in this sticker of which you speak.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

As a kid I never much liked the colored figures, and only had a few.

As an adult, I have learned to appreciate them much more.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

If anybody has any for sale, I'm interested. Especially colored figures.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I'm always looking, and will pay fairly.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎