Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I had the Uninvited on my DVR for years, recorded off of TCM. I kept meaning to get around to it...but then I dropped DISH, and all my DVR dreams went with it.

I will make a note to seek it out. I greatly enjoyed a classic horror with creepy kids, The Innocents, based on The Turn of the Screw, which DS mined twice!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Been watching DS on prime for the last few months.Started with ds the beginning and up to episode 426 of ds right now.
      Forgot how great this show was...lol
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ^I had the Uninvited on my DVR for years, recorded off of TCM. I kept meaning to get around to it...but then I dropped DISH, and all my DVR dreams went with it.

I will make a note to seek it out. I greatly enjoyed a classic horror with creepy kids, The Innocents, based on The Turn of the Screw, which DS mined twice!!!

Chris
        Apologies Chris!

My post was a bit misleading, I should have put my recommendation for The Uninvited above my comment about David. The movie isn't about creepy kids, sorry about that, it's actually about a haunted house. What I was attempting to convey, and badly so, is that the overall vibe of the story and its premise of a haunted house on a perilous seaside cliff must have been an influence on Curtis during the initial creative process for the show. When I watched it for the first time several years back, I remember having several "Aha!" moments throughout the film.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^No worries!

I'm slowly watching the first episodes of DS. Just got past the "David tries to kill his Dad" story, which seemed to drag on a bit too long. But we know they have to milk these storylines dry before resolving them. The writing is a bit more refined and the acting more subtle and nuanced than later DS, so it's keeping me engaged...but I would honestly rather get on to the ghosts, phoneixes, and vampires.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

^The upcoming murder mystery is also fairly slow paced, but as that is resolved the supernatural finally materializes and the pace quickens.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

I'm currently watching the 1795 storyline. Vicky was shot making her escape with Peter Bradford.
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^1795 is the high water mark for me in a lot of ways. Maybe they should have stayed there.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Finally finished my custom Nicholas Blair Doll using the Rhett Butler Ken doll. I redressed him in a gray suit, and gave him a widow's peak, pointy sideburns, and a handlebar mustache. Painted his top hat gray to match his suit, and added a purple ribbon to match his tie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Nice! Perfect Nicholas! I think he would have made a great Dr. Strange!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I love these, nice job!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

^^^ That's a great Nicholas Blair...and Julia's outfit is outstanding! Terrific work RonnyG!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^1795 is the high water mark for me in a lot of ways. Maybe they should have stayed there.

Chris
                          I have a similar sentiment for 1897. 1795 was a very tough act to follow, and I think it's demonstrated when the show returns to present time and seems to meander and drag. I think though that once Quentin clears out Collinwood and we're flung back to 1897, it not only regains its footing but rises a few notches when it comes to writing and acting.

Imagine though, if after Victoria is done hanging around 1796, the story bounced forward to 1897 instead, where a dying Edith actually reveals "the secret" to Edward whose skeptical curiosity gets the best of him and he releases the deranged Barnabas we met and left behind in 1967.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh yeah, 1897 was great stuff as well. David Selby brought something to the show that wasn't there before. Even when they didn't exactly know what to do with him in later storylines, his presence always elevated the material.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

I have to admit that as much as I enjoy the 1795 and 1897 story lines, I do begin to miss the present day characters after a few months.
                              Does anyone here read the blog, "Dark Shadows Every Day?" I love how the author analyzes each episode, plus his sarcasm is hilarious.
                              https://darkshadowseveryday.com/episode-guide/
                              What really amazes me is that he knows which writer wrote which episode without even looking at the end credits, but based on their writing styles, dialogue, pacing, etc.
                              I don't think I've ever thought about the writing team before until I read this entry: https://darkshadowseveryday.com/2015/03/09/episode-601/
                              Last edited by RonnyG; Aug 15, '20, 5:36 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, it's a great blog. Glad to see he finally came back to it.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎