X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Yeah, Storm is snarl right now, and that's it. Selby definitely has more charisma and presence, just standing there silent. I think Kate Jackson has that same quality.

I'm definitely interested in going back and watching the pre-Barnabas episodes, because I've never seen them. I'm actually getting pretty close to the end, in the grand scheme of DS.

Chris
    Yes, definitely, I agree...Kate fit perfectly and really shined. I look forward to your thoughts on the final stretch as well as "The Beginning".

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Kate Jackson has spoken! She finally got to utter some dialog, and she didn't disappoint.

When I was a kid, I thought of her as the "plain" Angel, but honestly, I now find her WAY more attractive than Farrah Fawcett. Jacklyn Smith was my pick then and now, but Kate's a close second. Not that they should be judged by that, but I honestly don't get the Farrah thing in hindsight. Okay, I get that poster, but that's about it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

^^^I always liked Kate Jackson and agree.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
          Career Member
          • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Kate Jackson has spoken! She finally got to utter some dialog, and she didn't disappoint.

When I was a kid, I thought of her as the "plain" Angel, but honestly, I now find her WAY more attractive than Farrah Fawcett. Jacklyn Smith was my pick then and now, but Kate's a close second. Not that they should be judged by that, but I honestly don't get the Farrah thing in hindsight. Okay, I get that poster, but that's about it.

Chris
          Yeah, I never got the Farrah thing either. I always enjoyed Kate and Jacklyn more. I never got the Suzanne Sommers thing either and always found her annoying. Joyce DeWitt was so much better. Maybe it's because I've always enjoyed brunettes more.
          Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm definitely more of a brunette guy, too. The stereotype of the "smart brunette" always worked on me. Heck, I married one!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm strictly on the sidelines, but I've always thought Kate Jackson was very attractive. Farrah, meh--no match for Welch.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I think Raquel deserves that poster love more, too.

I may get myself in trouble, but I find DS' Katherine Leigh Scott very attractive. And she's aged very gracefully as well, and she seems to have been the biggest torch carrier since the show's demise.

Unfortunately, she's about to exit the show in the episodes I'm watching.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

I always thought Sabrina was intentionally dressed down. Had she been glamored up like the other two, she would have given them both a run for their money. I think her look in DS showcased her physical beauty perfectly.

I can appreciate your thoughts on KLS as well, she's a genuine class act. I have a similar appreciation for Joel Crothers, it's a shame he left the show when he did. I thought he did a fantastic job with his Nathan Forbes character, and think he could have brought much more to the show than he was allotted. I also enjoyed him as Miles Cavanaugh on Edge of Night back in the day.

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                    I always thought Sabrina was intentionally dressed down. Had she been glamored up like the other two, she would have given them both a run for their money.
                    According to the "Charlie's Angels Casebook" by Jack Condon, that was Kate Jackson's choice to dress down. In the book, designer Nolan Miller said Kate wasn't interested in fashion like Jaclyn Smith was, and preferred wearing turtleneck sweaters. He said one time he designed her a beautiful gown-- and she wore it with sneakers.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I always thought Sabrina was intentionally dressed down. Had she been glamored up like the other two, she would have given them both a run for their money. I think her look in DS showcased her physical beauty perfectly.

I can appreciate your thoughts on KLS as well, she's a genuine class act. I have a similar appreciation for Joel Crothers, it's a shame he left the show when he did. I thought he did a fantastic job with his Nathan Forbes character, and think he could have brought much more to the show than he was allotted. I also enjoyed him as Miles Cavanaugh on Edge of Night back in the day.
                      Yeah, Joel Crothers was great as both Joe and especially Nathan Forbes. He was a real loss when he left. They could have done so much with him.

According to the "Charlie's Angels Casebook" by Jack Condon, that was Kate Jackson's choice to dress down. In the book, designer Nolan Miller said Kate wasn't interested in fashion like Jaclyn Smith was, and preferred wearing turtleneck sweaters. He said one time he designed her a beautiful gown-- and she wore it with sneakers.
                      I had heard something like that before. Good on Kate for doing her own thing, but it cut her out of that lucrative K-Mart money down the road.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

I've also been watching it. Probably havent seen it since at least the mid eighties. I'm suprised I remember so much of it. I have a bad habit of watching to many episodes at one time.

BTW, if you ever get a chance, pick up Lara Parkers Dark Shadows novels. She tries to fill in the gaps with them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm thinking about diving into the books and Big Finish audio dramas.

I binged the final 6 episodes last night. I have to say, I really enjoyed the 1841 Parallel Time story line. I wasn't expecting much, having gathered it was a mistake to soft reboot the show when ratings were down, and it was kind of a half-hearted attempt to save the series. But I found it to be one of the better written and acted eras of the show, perhaps because they didn't have the baggage of 1,000 other episodes, and they also didn't have to pad the story line out as the barrelled toward the satisfying end. I think I preferred it over the standard 1840 story line, despite the absence of Barnabas, etc.

I still have to go back and watch the 209 pre-Barnabas episodes, but I feel like I accomplished something in watching those 1,000 plus episodes!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

I'm crazy about Dark Shadows! These aren't Megos, but here's my tribute to the show.
                            Last edited by RonnyG; Aug 11, '20, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I think those are fabulous. Hmmmm, I have a Ken as Rhett Butler Inverness coat that might be perfect for Barnabas.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 22, '20, 5:40 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome RonnyG! I instantly knew who everyone was! I'm going to show these to my Barbie-collecting wife! We may have a new project together!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎