X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    A quality I have never disliked in most acting, either. And honestly, isnt that style tailor-made for DS?
    I've been watching Grayson Hall DS clips on youtube. I've always liked her, from Night of the Iquana onward. Her acting is sometimes (ironically) amusing but she's always engaging and sells the scene. Gad, they must have worked under terrible pressure and time constraints on that show.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I've been watching Grayson Hall DS clips on youtube. I've always liked her, from Night of the Iquana onward. Her acting is sometimes (ironically) amusing but she's always engaging and sells the scene. Gad, they must have worked under terrible pressure and time constraints on that show.
      I enjoyed her performances on the show, too. She was always over-dramatic, but she was definitely entertaining to watch. I remember watching her on One Life to Live, too, many years later where she played a matriarch and spoke with a a wonderful Southern accent.
      Since Grayson was married to one of the writers, I always wondered if she influenced him to beef up her role, or if she had any input on her role.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Frid accused her of not knowing her lines and over-acting. But she was hardly the only one guilty of that and he was pretty crabby in later interviews. I like the by-seat-of-your-pants, let's-put-on-a-show aspect of DS and am very tolerant of it.

She could really turn in finely-modulated performances in other venures, so I consider her in DS as specific to that show and milieau.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Dark Shadows Every Day is certainly a champion of Grayson Hall and Dr. Hoffman. She's certainly captivating, and always interesting, but having watched all her episodes now, I think she can at times be the BEST actor on the series and the WORST, based on her choices.... sometimes in the same episode!!! She goes big or goes home, every time! She's like a female Shatner in that regard. Technically, a very good actor, but sometimes a bit too...indulgent in her projecting. In my opinion, of course.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Has anyone noticed excessive cropping on the Tubi prints? I was watching it on Hulu and it never happened, but when I started watching it on Tubi (right around the time when Willie got shot by the police) it almost looks like they took a 4:3 print that had been cropped to fit 16:9 screens, and then cropped again to make it 4:3. Even the title card is chopped off on the edges. Just really weird.

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Courtesy of Brent. A cane for him is being made also.

barnabas picture.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That's superb--who's Brent?

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

A look at the card. I wonder if any Angelique and Quentin customs are floating around out there in mego form?

barnabas picture 2.jpg

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Brent Sorensen. I think he goes by Brent on here.

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

Excellent likeness!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

That is one outstanding Barnabas figure!

Must have, must have, must have.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                          Courtesy of Brent. A cane for him is being made also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29183[/ATTACH]
                          Originally posted by Figuremod73
                          A look at the card. I wonder if any Angelique and Quentin customs are floating around out there in mego form?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29184[/ATTACH]
                          Psst...DS fans:

He has some of these posted on Ebay right now, two versions: color & b/w. (Just ordered me one.)

Since I don't know how to correctly post Ebay links, below are the listing descriptions:

Barnabas Collins Dark Shadows - Hand Made 8” Figures BrentzDolz- Ltd Ed Color

Barnabas Collins Dark Shadows-Hand Made 8” Figures BrentzDolz- Black & White Ed

Thank you so much Figuremod73 for the heads up on these!!

Comment

• favoritemonsters
                            • Aug 4, 2018

I've been watching the Dark Shadows channel on Pluto now for months...
                            I've seen the early black and white and the later color episodes but yet to see Barnabas bare his fangs...
                            after dozens and dozens of episodes...nothing...not one scene...does he ever show his fangs on this show ?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh yeah, he does. I think Frid maybe started to frown away from it towards the end of his run as the character, and there are story reasons off and on why he won't, but he bares his fangs quite a bit in the first year or so of his time on the show.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                                Creature Of The Night
                                • May 14, 2011

^^
                                The first shot is from episode 250 after Maggie tries to take him out. He bares them first in episode 225, but in haste,
                                Frid puts the fangs in upside down, so the effect was lost (2nd pic). The rest of the shots are from later in the series.

1967 was conservative with the fang brandishing, but after he's cursed in the 1795 Flashback, they become more frequent.
                                And after the return to 1968, there are fangs aplenty...but I will not reveal more than that

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎