Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: Dark Shadows on Tubi

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    A quality I have never disliked in most acting, either. And honestly, isnt that style tailor-made for DS?
    I've been watching Grayson Hall DS clips on youtube. I've always liked her, from Night of the Iquana onward. Her acting is sometimes (ironically) amusing but she's always engaging and sells the scene. Gad, they must have worked under terrible pressure and time constraints on that show.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I've been watching Grayson Hall DS clips on youtube. I've always liked her, from Night of the Iquana onward. Her acting is sometimes (ironically) amusing but she's always engaging and sells the scene. Gad, they must have worked under terrible pressure and time constraints on that show.
    I enjoyed her performances on the show, too. She was always over-dramatic, but she was definitely entertaining to watch. I remember watching her on One Life to Live, too, many years later where she played a matriarch and spoke with a a wonderful Southern accent.
    Since Grayson was married to one of the writers, I always wondered if she influenced him to beef up her role, or if she had any input on her role.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Frid accused her of not knowing her lines and over-acting. But she was hardly the only one guilty of that and he was pretty crabby in later interviews. I like the by-seat-of-your-pants, let's-put-on-a-show aspect of DS and am very tolerant of it.

She could really turn in finely-modulated performances in other venures, so I consider her in DS as specific to that show and milieau.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Dark Shadows Every Day is certainly a champion of Grayson Hall and Dr. Hoffman. She's certainly captivating, and always interesting, but having watched all her episodes now, I think she can at times be the BEST actor on the series and the WORST, based on her choices.... sometimes in the same episode!!! She goes big or goes home, every time! She's like a female Shatner in that regard. Technically, a very good actor, but sometimes a bit too...indulgent in her projecting. In my opinion, of course.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Has anyone noticed excessive cropping on the Tubi prints? I was watching it on Hulu and it never happened, but when I started watching it on Tubi (right around the time when Willie got shot by the police) it almost looks like they took a 4:3 print that had been cropped to fit 16:9 screens, and then cropped again to make it 4:3. Even the title card is chopped off on the edges. Just really weird.