X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Dark Shadows on Tubi

Original series and lots of episodes. Not a handful like other channels have had. Not sure how they did seasons back in the day but it lists something like 25. Each season has 40 episodes.
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Love it! Been on tubi for a while. Also has a great selection of monster movies too!
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to know it's on Tubi in case Amazon Prime drops it. I dropped off mid-way through the Leviathan storyline over a year ago, but decided to jump back in earlier this month. I'm hooked again!

Tubi does indeed have some great horror films on it. Some very racy ones too!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Thanks for the heads up jwyblejr! Wasn't previously aware of Tubi, so thank you! This is so cool, DS right at my finger tips. Anytime. Anywhere. For free and so much more convenient than popping in my DVDs.

Just an FYI, since DS was a daily soap, it didn't actually have "seasons", it ran 5 x a week, all year long. For DVD release, they broke it up 40 episodes per box set. There were 26 box sets released initially which covered episodes 210 thru 1245. Later on they released "DS - The Beginning" which came in 6 separate box sets and covered episodes 1 thru 209. So they have actually released the entire series on Tubi, which is totally awesome!!!

Earth 2 Chris, glad to hear you've decided to continue on, there's plenty left to enjoy.

I hope PNGwynne checks in on this thread, I think he'd be interested in knowing it was available.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^I think I stalled out on the early parts of the Leviathan story because Megan and Phillip weren't that engaging, and they seemed to kind of suddenly take over the show. I understand the sudden brainwashed heel turn of Barnabas angered original fans, and they quickly created that "emergency episode" that explained the Leviathans were holding Josette prisoner, and were threatening with turning Barnabas back into a vampire. I know that was an emergency right turn, but for me it worked. I left off last night where Chris Jennings as the Werewolf crashed through the window of the Old House, coming after Jeb.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

^ RE: Megan & Todd, completely understandable and not an uncommon experience. You're coming up on one of my many indelible memories from the original run of DS. I won't spoil anything, other than to say at the time me and my cousin had no clue what it was supposed to be...when it first appeared we thought it was a silhouette of King Kong (lol).

Some other very distinct memories were Quentin dreading the full moon and then turning, Barnabas getting staked by a blonde (and then coming back), Barnabas getting bricked up by Trask, and a scary head in a jar opening its eyes. Most of them were from the summer of 69 (when I was watching almost daily), some were from later on and I think they're impressed because we would reenact scenes out in the front yard after the show.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Well, Amazon Prime dropped Dark Shadows off the "free" list for Prime subscribers. It was there Sunday night, and then gone Monday night. So I remembered this thread, and found it on Tubi TV. Thank you! I'm currently on episode 1058, so I'm getting close to the end, and it would be a shame to bail now!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Dark Shadows is extremely popular. I belong to a Dark Shadows facebook group, and that was a very popular discussion yesterday about amazon dropping Shadows from the free list. Every hour, some member would post that, and we in the know would direct them to the Tubi site. Ironically, I actually own the DVD coffin set, but I still watch it on Tubi. It's so convenient watching it online, and not having to fumble with the discs. But nothing lasts forever. I'm sure Tubi doesn't have the rights to run DS for free forever, so take advantage of it while it lasts.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I will. I hope to at least get to the last appearance of Barnabas and the "current Real Time" timeline. The Bramwell stuff sounds headscratchingly dull and like they wanted the show to be cancelled. But If it's still on Tubi when I get there, I may move forward with it. Then go back and watch the pre-Barnabas episodes I skipped.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 24, 2020

been watching on tubi tv thank you

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^I will. I hope to at least get to the last appearance of Barnabas and the "current Real Time" timeline. The Bramwell stuff sounds headscratchingly dull and like they wanted the show to be cancelled. But If it's still on Tubi when I get there, I may move forward with it. Then go back and watch the pre-Barnabas episodes I skipped.

Chris
                      The 1841 Parallel time has some interesting moments, and is only about 60 episodes long. If you have the time, I would encourage giving it a shot. But to be honest, if I had to choose between the the beginning or the end, I would choose to watch the first 200 (plus) episodes. It really has some great stuff packed in there, and the early David & Roger/Vicki dynamic is pretty wild, then toward the end when Mommy shows up...definitely worth a once through!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm probably going to watch it all. I've come this far, right?

I'm currently in the storyline after Barnabas and Julia return to 1970 and are trying to stop the destruction of Collinwood they witnessed in 1995. I have to say, I really don't understand why they redid the "Turn of the Screw" adaption, although I think having a young Kate Jackson playing the ghostly governess is an upgrade!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^I'm probably going to watch it all. I've come this far, right?

I'm currently in the storyline after Barnabas and Julia return to 1970 and are trying to stop the destruction of Collinwood they witnessed in 1995. I have to say, I really don't understand why they redid the "Turn of the Screw" adaption, although I think having a young Kate Jackson playing the ghostly governess is an upgrade!

Chris
                          I concur!

The only reasoning I can imagine for the redo, is that the ratings had soared during the 1897 flashback, perhaps Curtis thought "Turn" was a such great story that could have been done better and felt many had missed out the first time around (and/or most had forgotten about it after Selby brought Quentin to life in such fantastic style). I agree that Kate was a great addition, but prefer the creepy portrayal by Selby over Storm.

Enjoy!!!

I'm alternating between the early episodes and the initial Barnabas story line right now, interesting contrast.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Storm is snarl right now, and that's it. Selby definitely has more charisma and presence, just standing there silent. I think Kate Jackson has that same quality.

I'm definitely interested in going back and watching the pre-Barnabas episodes, because I've never seen them. I'm actually getting pretty close to the end, in the grand scheme of DS.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

I hated the parallel time/Bramwell stuff...snore!...I only wanted them to get back to Barnabas and company in "real time", but of course, that never happened, before the end of the series. I didn't mind the parallel time stories when the "real time" cast (characters I'm invested in and enjoyed watching) was involved, but once you removed them, I'm out...ugh.

Dana
                              Last edited by danadoll; Apr 24, '20, 2:18 PM.
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎