Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • favoritemonsters
    • Aug 4, 2018

Thanks for the responses guys.
    Just wish I'd catch him in action on the tube.
    He pretty much looks mainly plain most
    of the time but from those pics you posted
    he looks pretty damn terrifying !
    Last edited by favoritemonsters; Dec 3, '20, 5:29 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

A cousin from England arrived earlier this week...

BC.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

He's done a fantastic job with those heads, it looks nice overall.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, Brent's version is better than the licensed toy and that was pretty good.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Very good likeness! Wish Mego would mass produce them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              I thought Spectre's clothing was excellent, it's really detailed for Mego scale.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by RonnyG
                Me, too!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  He's done a fantastic job with those heads, it looks nice overall.
                  Originally posted by palitoy
                  I agree completely, on both accounts. The Spectre sculpt is very nice (I think it was a shrink of, or at least based on, the Majestic 1:6 ?), but I really like Brent's version better. My only issue with the Spectre version is the blue eyes.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by RonnyG
                    Me, too!
                    Me, three!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

I thought Spectre's clothing was excellent, it's really detailed for Mego scale.
                      Especially for the price point on those. All three figures are nicely clothed, and Angelique's dress is amazing. It looks like the clothing on Brent's are Mego Hyde, which with a tweak, that coat will make a nice three tiered 1795 version.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

Sad to report Chris Pennock died today. Near the end of the soap he was one of my favorite actors.

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                          Sad to report Chris Pennock died today. Near the end of the soap he was one of my favorite actors.
                          How sad! We lost John Karlen 2 years ago, and Diana Millay just last month, and now Mr. Pennock. I have fond memories of meeting him at the festivals and hearing him recite from his comic book stories he wrote and drew. And just last Halloween, he participated in the Dark Shadows Zoom reunion.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

First I'm hearing of this, thank you for posting it here. Very sad that yet another former cast member joins the ranks of those lost to us.

Interestingly, the latest episode that I watched last night was 932 which is basically exclusively centered on the Quentin/Amanda plot. Two or three episodes back was Michael's final appearance, while straight ahead two or three episodes (I think) is when Chris will be making his very first appearance as Jeb. While this has never been one of my favorite storylines, I have actually been enjoying it more so this time around than I have on previous viewings. I'll certainly be watching Jeb with a deeper appreciation this time around.

The character that I appreciated the most of all Pennock's roles was Gabriel Collins from 1840 proper.

Two of the most memorable bloopers for me came from his characterization of John Yeager: the delivery of his line, ""I hope you know that you're doing me...that I'm doing you...a very big favor in giving you all this information", and of course the sword malfunction.

My all time unforgettable blooper, though, was stylistically delivered by Louis Edmonds, "Several of my incestors - incestors - my ancestors are buried here".
                            Daytime TV, 1967.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I heard Pennock was very ill, but not that he had passed. Very sorry to hear this. I enjoyed all the characters he played in that short whirlwind of storylines toward the end of the run. I thought he was particularly great as Gabriel, in both timelines.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                                Creature Of The Night
                                • May 14, 2011

I finished up the Leviathan storyline over the weekend, and am well on my way into Parallel Time. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed watching it this time around. I don't know if it's just that I haven't seen it all the way through in such a long time, or if it's a simply a matter of "patience with age". There were some twists and turns that I had long forgotten about and I found much to appreciate, be it certain performances, sets, moods, etc. I still did not like Jeb from the onset, but that's how he's written (kind of a mashup of Michael stuck in a man's body, angry Adam and obnoxious, too cool for school Buzz...lol). Once he desires to become human, there are subtle changes that make him more likeable, and those subtleties are a credit to Pennock's skill as an actor. (I'm really enjoying his performance as Cyrus in PT, at least so far...pre-experiment.)

I had forgotten about the Barnabas/Quentin/Angelique/Hoffman/Chris dynamic which really kicks into gear once Amanda takes her fall. I had also forgotten about what has to be the biggest head scratcher in the entirety of the show, which is the lead up to and the insertion of Jeff Clark into this arc. Amazing that I had forgotten this. When they showed the swinging body outside David's door...I was baffled; wondering, "Who the heck is that? I have no idea, I cannot remember." Then the big reveal happens a few episodes later and I'm, "WTH? Oh Jeez, that's right! How did I not remember this?"

As of last night: Barnabas is chained up, Quentin is stuck in the "anger stage" of his grievance, his rebound Maggie is a runaway, Alexis is bewildered that she upsets everyone, Bruno has no sense of personal (or property) boundaries, the recently engaged Daphne is so dazzled by her ring that she becomes careless enough to allow a sinister intruder into her fiance's private laboratory, and Cyrus is on his way down to the lab...right now! What will happen next?!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎