Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figures Toy Company Has Carrying and Diorama Cases...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Couple of questions for those who have these in hand:

1) Is the inside wall in the center the same dimensions as the two outer walls? Looks like the two walls that fold out are a bit longer? Are all three walls 8.5" by 12"??

2) Under the plastic roof section, is is hollow or is there a bottom to it? (IE: does the inside section have a roof or can they disappear up into the plastic roof?

Thanks!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Probably the biggest news to hit Mego Playsets is the blank diorama playset from FTC. 39.99 and unassembled. It comes with instructions but my sheet was found under the packing peanuts and not in the box. The box is totally blank. So you could in theory design a box wrapper and display it with the diorama.
      The instructions say the size of the sheets but these are not the size of the sheets used. The large panels claim to be 8.5 x 12 inches. They are 7 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches. And these really look as big as they can go. The side panels are 7 7/8 x3 7/8 inches. The floor is 4 1/4 by 11 3/4 inches. The cap roof attaches on 3 sides by included screws. There is no barrier so stuff can reach into the roof. The cap can be used for stickers/decals or painted. It is a basic roof shape and aside from the rail where the screws mount could be customized. It is a thick stiff plastic like the body of the new vw vans.
      20200328_003901.jpg

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Has anyone done any inserts for these? I’m curious to see any, especially a Legion of Doom one. I’ve always wanted one of these.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

The ToyRoom (Anthony) has been making a bunch of these. Check out this review: https://13thdimension.com/inside-loo...n-waiting-for/
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

One I am working on is for FTC Svengoolie.
            20200416_161145.jpg

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

Thanks for the help. I found his Hall of Doom. It looks great. I will definitely buy one of them once I’m a little more certain my businesses are going to reopen and my wife goes back to work. Or maybe I won’t be able to wait. Only time will tell.

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Didn’t mean to ignore the Svengoolie one either. Looks really nice. There’s a lot of possibilities for these.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Just an update, Robyn has updated several of her artwork backgrounds to fit the FTC case. She is selling the downloads, printouts and finished cases.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Couldn’t resist. I ordered Toyroom’s Hall of Doom along with Laser Megos podium and tables of doom. Super excited. Laser Megos stuff is always great and I’ve always like Toyrooms work, albeit from afar until now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^ I'm considering this myself--I'd love to see pix of it set up, if you care to share.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Sure, as long as I can figure pics out. I haven’t done them in a long time.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                          Youngest Mego Fan
                          • Aug 30, 2019

Has anyone done Birdman's volcano base yet?
                          FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• cwilfing
                            • Dec 18, 2008

Does anyone know where I could find art work for the engine room, or briefing room. I went on Pintrest and asked David Gunn he did a lot of tri fold displays some of them can be seen on YouTube but he hasn't gotten back to me. I considered trying to do the artwork myself I wanted to know what program he used Photoshop, or would something else work better. Any suggestions

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

If you have the cartoon on dvd you can do screen captures for the basics. i try to do several captures so i can assemble a room in pieces and then do a final cleanup.

Comment

• rayray
                                • May 21, 2013

Durso’s work is fantastic. A couple of offbeat ones I’d love to see: Charlie’s Angels Hideaway House (not Mego! i care not!) and aWonder Woman playset that combines Paradise Island with the War Department office of the season one Wonder Woman show. (Amazon Olympics! The Queen’s palace that looks like a Hilton Garden Inn lobby!)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎