Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figures Toy Company Has Carrying and Diorama Cases...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

You guys have my kind racing with ideas now. They look great but I’m not sure I have enuf real estate left in the man cave for another playset custom.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MegoRobyn
      Administrator
      • Jun 28, 2016

The nice thing about this is it's fairly compact. Less of a commitment than a Dida was.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

i would have liked to have seen one more flap that folds down as a floor. A stack of these could be a an okay Wayne Foundation you build one unit at a time...

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

I am going to add sticky velcro to keep mine closed when not in use.
          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• thomasjo_2093
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 13, 2009

I just got my two today. Looking forward to creating something cool for my Apes and possibly KISS figures.

John

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
              Youngest Mego Fan
              • Aug 30, 2019

Originally posted by pmwasson
              After a long time and some swearing, I got it together. I put in different color paper just to see how it worked. I'm missing one screw, but I probably lost it during assembly. There is nothing holding it shut, so it doesn't make a very good carrying case. However, once you finally get it together, it does feel solid. The weight of the sides allow they to stay at whatever angle you put them in.

Holy ****! Now I need to discard that simple box made Hall of Justice and get this instead! What will I have to use for the TroubAlert and other stuff, I wonder...?
              FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Simplest route is a basic square table and get an old game of sorry from the thrift store. Cut out the center popomatic bubble and spray paint. For funsies get the dollar store led lights and put them inside the popmatic bubble before gluing it down and around the table.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  Simplest route is a basic square table and get an old game of sorry from the thrift store. Cut out the center popomatic bubble and spray paint. For funsies get the dollar store led lights and put them inside the popmatic bubble before gluing it down and around the table.
                  Do you mean Bubble Trouble?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                    actually the simplest route would be to by the set from Laser Mego
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

I had no clue who sold the JL table. Sure if you can find one of the customizers that will sell it to you go that route. I was meaning simpler as involving fewer people. And the Bubble Trouble game board looks like it would work as well.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

I really want to see this with some Legion of Doom graphics. I don’t think I could resist getting one then.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

I am still waiting for my set to arrive and when it does I will be making a custom playset based on a location I attend in my everyday personal life. It's going to be great for my custom Megos based on family and friends. However, if anyone comes up with cool mainstream designs for such things as a Hall of Justice, Legion of Doom HQ, etc., please share them on here so perhaps we can all download the designs and share in the fun. I think this would also encourage more people to buy these FTC diorama sets who otherwise may not consider themselves crafty enough to create their own designs.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

I have seen a Fortress of Solitude and a 1966 Batcave in the Facebook groups. They aren't mine so I have some reservations about posting the pictures here. I wonder if trawling through hours of the series would get you decent enough shots to do a photographic backdrop set? Or the 2 new cartoon movies for an animated 1966 version.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 23, 2019

Does anyone know the dimensions for creating panels that can be applied to the "roof" section of these diorama cases? I see examples where customizers have placed artwork on the sides, front and back of the roof sections and it really makes the playsets look so cool. Just wondering if there is a pattern or dimensions for these somewhere?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 23, 2019

Does anyone have the proper size/dimensions for custom artwork for these diorama cases? I know there are measurements on the instruction sheet that comes with the case, but those numbers are not accurate. If you print something to that size, the pieces are too large to slip into the plastic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎