Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figures Toy Company Has Carrying and Diorama Cases...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Figures Toy Company Has Carrying and Diorama Cases...

I'm wondering about the quality of them (I hope they're good), but you can see them here...

They even have a blank carrying case, you can put your own custom art into and the diorama case is blank too (and custom art can be incerted), of course. Not sure I like the "roof-like" structure on the diorama case, though.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Feb 26, '20, 11:45 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

A better roof and a fold-out floor would make a big improvement. But I am a sucker for vinyl playsets, so I will probably still end up trying it out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Very similar to the vintage Dinah-Mite Spa playset. It has possibilities.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I got mine in today.

Here are the instructions with the sizes for the graphics:

The roof plastic is nice and the construction seems fine, but I haven't put it together yet, so I'm not sure about the alignment.

It seems you can get by with regular size paper, so I plan to try and throw something together.

diorama.jpg
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think you could do a "Vader-dome" sticker on the front roof and make a Legion of Doom playset with your furnishings.

I'm definately wondering how I can use this for villians. United Underworld, Ha-Ha Hacienda, something.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I think you could do a "Vader-dome" sticker on the front roof and make a Legion of Doom playset with your furnishings.
            Yes, I had already thought of asking Robyn for her Legion of Doom graphics. I would also like to make a Hall of Justice with the Trouble Alert table.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for posting pictures. I am surprised it is held together with screws and nuts. The way this is assembled, it seems like you would be able to rig an alternate top for it... hmmm...

I'm also realizing there is no closure on the case, like the old brass "lock" on the Enterprise playset. I wonder how it stays closed if used as an actual carrying case?

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

After a long time and some swearing, I got it together. I put in different color paper just to see how it worked. I'm missing one screw, but I probably lost it during assembly. There is nothing holding it shut, so it doesn't make a very good carrying case. However, once you finally get it together, it does feel solid. The weight of the sides allow they to stay at whatever angle you put them in.

Attached Files
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

That looks great Paul!

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
                    The way this is assembled, it seems like you would be able to rig an alternate top for it... hmmm...
                    I'm thinking about getting two of them and making a ceiling/floor bracket and having a double high playset.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

If they can be turned into something modular, they'll have some real usage. If not...sorta looks like one of those old diorama boxes we made in elementary school.

Comment

• MegoRobyn
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 28, 2016

Looks cool, Paul. I'm not sure it's strong enough to stack but it's worth a try. The vinyl and board is lighter than DIDA sets.

Here's mine using leftover art and furniture from a DIDA Trek set.

IMG-1150-1.jpg

IMG_1151-1.jpg

IMG-1152-1.jpg

IMG-1153-1.jpg

IMG-1154-1.jpg

Comment

• MegoRobyn
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 28, 2016

I added a clasp to mine to close it. I think sticky velcro would be better though.

IMG-1155-1.jpg

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Looks great!
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Great stuff, I think this will have tons of possibility and play value.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎