X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I miss Showbiz pizza.

It was by now means good, but I'll never forget the smell or taste.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Anybody else a glutton for punishment regarding White Castle?

Personally, I really do like them, but I don't love them.

But I can't resist every once in a while.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by neogelion
        I just read an article about an old Woolworth's in Chicago that is now an antique store but they opened the lunch counter again. Maybe it is the same one?
        funny enough, there was a Woolworth's in Blue Island, that is now a antique shop for years,

But, they do not have a lunch counter, I would like to see if you have the article handy. Thanks!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

When I go I have to get at least 4 boxes of their clam strips !!!

Originally posted by B-Lister

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

In the early to mid 70's, I can remember being so jealous of my friend Lee's mom making him a Libbyland TV dinner every night when all I had to eat was a veritable feast of down home southern cooking.

I also want to chime in on how KFC tastes absolutely nothing like it did in the 70's.

Heck, it doesn't even taste like it did ten years ago.

I recently ate a 2-piece meal with that terrible little chalky biscuit. First time I'd eaten any in at least a decade, maybe longer.

The chicken was extra greasy with none of that secret recipe taste of 11 herbs and spices.

If I was to make a list of all of the stuff I miss about the 70's, it would take a very very long time.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

^^ Am I nuts for thinking that actually looks pretty good?

Last edited by GlobalObserver; Mar 10, '20, 4:36 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I liked jellied salads and aspics, just not the one you posted.

Kind of neat that Jello once marketed those, I wonder if the flavor was decent.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by B-Lister

patiently awaiting the new one in ORlando
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

All the NE Ohio Whitecastle closed in 2014, I miss them a bit sometimes--which is how often I ate at one.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I miss Druther's Fish and Chips. It was essentially the same as Long John Silver's as I recall, but we had a Druther's in town, and had to drive to get to LJS. Plus they had those Andy Dandy Meals or whatever, the first kid meals I had access to before we got a McDonald's in 1984.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I've never heard of Druther's, what about Captain D's?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I like the country style fish at Captain D's, but my wife got food poisoning there once, so we never go. I can't really blame her!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

All the fish chains disappeared around here, Long John Silvers and Capt D's.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎