Thread: Mandrake the Magician TV Pilot

Blog Entries

Embarrassed Mandrake the Magician TV Pilot

I remember this as a kid, some great TV staples in here Robert Reed, James Hong and the amazing Ji-Tu Cumbuka.

Cool stuff. Don’t remember seeing this as a kid, but I would have watched it
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Blog Entries
    I saw it on CTV in the early 80s, at the time I thought Mandrake was really a lame character (I'm still not a big fan) but this is a pretty solid TV movie. I seriously enjoyed it.

Images
    I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will say the preview image makes me think they miscast Perfect Strangers' "Cousin Larry" as Mandrake.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will say the preview image makes me think they miscast Perfect Strangers' "Cousin Larry" as Mandrake.

Chris
    I thought the same thing!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I vaguely remember watching this and that I was very disappointed that it wasn’t picked up.
    JediJaida

Images
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed this well-enough first-fun, it was my introduction to the character. Then came Defenders of the Earth and comic reprints. I really grew to enjoy the reprints.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 26, '20 at 3:41 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

He should be juggling fruit pies, or is that the other magician?
    Apple-Cherry-Lemon-Blueberry-Strawberry-Banana-Chocolate Cream...did I get them all?

I remember seeing the old b&w film/serial but I don't think I have ever seen or even heard of this before.

-M