X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Star Wars: The High Republic

So Lucasfilm has been planning something called Project Luminous since 2018 and it was officially announced yesterday...

Star Wars: The High Republic, stories set in an era long before the Skywalker saga, an era when Jedi ruled over a vast era of peace. Here's there official trailer for it...

just books and comics right now (across several publishers, Marvel & IDW for comics, several different book publishers), and I guess in some ways replaced the Old Republic era in the Expanded universe. I might check out the initial offerings via the public library or similar venues to see what it's like, so I am in wait and see mode for now.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

I'm cautiously optimistic for this. It's an era of SW history with great potential for storytelling... and that will be the deciding factor... if the writers can craft good stories true to the essence of Star Wars.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I've never been thrilled with "ancient" Star Wars. I don't do the books, so this really isn't my jam anyway, but hopefully they will resist the temptation to go all ancient in the designs. I prefer spaceships and ray guns to tattered Game of Thrones.

I'm waiting for more stories further in the future of the timeline. Otherwise, this, Kenobi, Mandalorian... everything announced so far.... is all Prequels.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

"...a vast era of peace." sounds pretty boring to me. I mean it's called Star WARS.

The title probably means a bunch of out-of-work Jedi sitting around getting high on death sticks...LOL

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Not interested. Disney killed the whole franchise for me...

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I mean, I think it will probably be fine for readers of the books and expanded universe (not me), but if this were the direction and focus of the next cinematic episode, I'd be less than thrilled. I did watch the whole video and some of the designs look like they've tried to put a new twist on the old, so...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I'm a broken record on this apparently, but enough with the prequel stuff already. I enjoy the Mandalorian, I loved Rebels and Clone Wars. That being said, as long as it all ends with a couple of light sabers buried in the sand and the Jedi destroyed I am just not interested in investing in anything else. Move the big picture forward, bring Ezra, Osaka, and Thrawn back to reclaim the spotlight.....something/anything that restores meaning to the prequels and original trilogy. If all the history continues to build towards the end of it all as it's positioned now, who cares?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I've never been interested in the expanded universe or old republic stuff. Happy for the people that like it. Star Wars to me is the story of Luke Skywalker. I'd rather they mined the time between SW and Empire. If they can get 7 seasons of content between AOTC and Revenge of the Sith they can do the same with SW and Empire. I want more stories of Luke, Leia and Han in their prime in the original continuity.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

This picture shows what is a major problem with "Star Wars". It appears that they want to change it into "Harry Potter" with the university idea. No wars? Why call it Star Wars, and not want to have any "war" in it?

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 25, '20, 6:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎