Thread: Toy Fair MOTU Origins.

Images

Toy Fair MOTU Origins.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I have to say...I haven't been this excited about toys since I was a kid.

It's 1981 and I'm nine years old again.

Images
    I think release Skeletor will have the updated Scareglow legs. He does in this clip for the Mattel Cybertruck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL6eMRGOT0o

He doesn't have boot colored lower legs anymore right above were the boots cut off.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Walmart exclusive isn't the best thing in the world, but I suppose if you're going to be exclusive, Walmart is a decent choice. I've had no major problems getting their WWE MOTUs despite a couple hiccups here or there.

Images
    Skeletor with corrected legs. Scroll to the last pic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B89ENFPnKt7/

Images
    Blog Entries
    Featuring the "boot" look? I think I'm in the minority in liking the first-issue look--the deco reminded me of stylized greaves instead of boots.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I have to say...I haven't been this excited about toys since I was a kid.

It's 1981 and I'm nine years old again.
    I agree! I just don't undertstand some comments on t0yark: "garbage" and "super fugly." I like everything except the kneecaps.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Featuring the "boot" look? I think I'm in the minority in liking the first-issue look--the deco reminded me of stylized greaves instead of boots.
    It's hard to explain. It's the way the boots snap off. The figures are modular and come apart. With He-Man it was a clean break between where the leg detaches from the boot. With Skeletor you ended up with boot color on molded skin on the boot piece because of the sculpt . That was fixed with Scareglow. It was resculpted so the villain boot part goes up further and there is now a clean break that doesn't leave boot colored skin on the removable boot piece. Does that make sense?

This line is definitely not for me.

I still love the 2002 line, Iwas never a fan of the Filmation toon.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)