Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I get that… at this point Ape City contains the repetition of several characters from ranging from 1" to 12". I'm not really interested in whole new lines that mimic the style of existing figures (especially now that Super7 did 3.75"), but do like the idea of adding characters missed along the way or perhaps something select in a new style.

This mini-HT Zaius works for me in that way. I ended up buying the recent Weta figures for that reason, as the odd anime style was unique. There's also the $80 price tag on these… I'm surprised how sustainable that's been for Mezco, especially with a more fragile (FTC-quality soft goods?) product. You can practically abuse (just like old school Mego) SS and Medicom Apes without worry, and my HT trio are as fine as the day I opened them. I move **** around periodically, I need 'em to take a lil' playtime.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I don't find Zaius an odd choice for a first figure. I'd argue he's the most popular and iconic Ape. Or non-Ape, if you will. This could be a cool figure, but no way Mezco goes too deep with these.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
        I don't find Zaius an odd choice for a first figure.
        Zaius is super iconic, I actually like that they started with him.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

He is now up for Pre-Order at the Mezco Toyz website:

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-col...eid=6a80eec58e

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Ok, thanks… he's accessorized pretty well (sans 2nd outfit which would have been supercool); I think I'm in on the good Minister.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

EE has him too, no deposit required and it benefits the Museum.

Buy Planet of the Apes (1968): Dr. Zaius One:12 Collective Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Mezco shenanigans… are the pics with Cornelius a tell, or are they just playing with their NECA Apes?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
                  "sans 2nd outfit which would have been supercool"
                  Unfortunately, the cloth outfits in MEZCO figures aren't easy to remove and certainly not meant to be changed.

And yes William, I subscribe Bryan in recommending Entertainment Earth for the purchase. They are tops!

Comment

• melstapler
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 2, 2014

Hopefully this Dr. Zaius figure will be the beginning of an entire 1:12 POTA line, as I would hate to buy this figure and not get more characters in the future.

Mezco 1:12 figures are for the true believers. Excluding online shopping, of my two favorite brick and mortar comic stores, only one of them are stocking Mezco 1:12. There is a special market for hyper-detailed figures in this scale and I'd like to see them tackle more classic POTA figures in the near future.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by melstapler
                      Hopefully this Dr. Zaius figure will be the beginning of an entire 1:12 POTA line, as I would hate to buy this figure and not get more characters in the future.
                      This “line” will likely get as many figures as Universal Monsters.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

Well, the astute Minister has arrived. Wow!, I underestimated my interest/reaction when I placed the pre-order all those months ago.

The figure is very good with soft goods that actually mimic the fabric used on the Mego Zaius… an interesting homage or fun coincidence, but it makes a great connection point for me with the various toys that occupy Ape City.

I'm a ONE:12 virgin… the packaging, accessories, and overall presentation for the figure is off-the-charts excellent. So impressive, and so much so that a second body is almost a must to take advantage of these… and happy there's a secondary and custom market to support that endeavor.

The little letter containing warning of undress and play stress is my only complaint… adult collectible no doubt, but at this price point it should be durable for real handling/reposing.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Curious to get mine, I kind of forgot about ordering it.

Comment

• melstapler
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Aug 2, 2014

The figure arrived this past week and my only complaint about Dr. Zaius is the joints are very tight. Please be extra careful when posing this figure and I actually had to use a hairdryer to loosen everything. As for the soft goods, everything blends well and works together to achieve the level of realism we've come to expect from Mezco.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

He really has charmed me… must add, the accessories are pretty much Mego scale, with the printed Sacred Scrolls being awesome!

Also noticed on comparison (despite the scale difference), the heads are nearly the same size as NECA Classic… so there's another way to display your extra head sculpt.

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

Mezco X NECA crossover [Forbidden Kitchen Zone] fun:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎