Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezco one 12 planet of the apes

Mezco one 12 planet of the apes

Promising... Very promising...

POTA -Toy-Fair-2020-Mezco-One12-050.jpg

That is a good looking Minister of Science!… and perhaps dispels the popular rumor that the Mouse House isn't workin' the POTA license?

Mezco One 12 = 6.25" vs. NECA Classic = 7" …bummer, and these are $100 a pop; yikes! Anyone think they are worth it?

Knowing-practically nothing about this line, found this out there. Had no idea these were feverishly horded: https://www.toyorigin.com/2019/09/25...12-collective/
    Last edited by Confessional; Feb 23, '20 at 11:19 AM. Reason: … scale limbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    That is a good looking Minister of Science!… and perhaps dispels the popular rumor that the Mouse House isn't workin' the POTA license?

Mezco One 12 = 6.25" vs. NECA Classic = 7" …bummer, and these are $100 a pop; yikes! Anyone think they are worth it?

Knowing-practically nothing about this line, found this out there. Had no idea these were feverishly horded: https://www.toyorigin.com/2019/09/25...12-collective/
    I was a huge fan of the One:12 Collective when it first debuted, but quickly soured on it for several reasons. First, they have started, then abandoned several licenses including both Star Trek and Universal Monsters. Trek never got past Kirk, three different Spock variants, and Sulu. McCoy was shown almost five years ago but never released. Universal monsters fared worse. They never made it past Frankenstein. Second, most of the figures don't hold their value. Some of the exclusives have gone through the roof, but I'd be lucky to sell my still sealed Captain Kirk for less than half what it cost me new. There are literally hundreds of figures...dozens of different characters listed on eBay brand new for $20-40 less than what they cost new, and nobody's buying them. I found Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Aquaman, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Thor, Iron Man...all listed below retail. I know I lost money selling the ones I had. And to be clear, I don't ever buy toys for investment, but it sucks when something that's supposed to be high end is worth less than what you paid for it six months after you buy it.

Mezco can keep their figures. I'm happy with what NECA, Mego, and Hasbro are putting out.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Feb 23, '20 at 12:08 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    See if Apes gets anywhere at Mezco, Neca and EMCE didn't get all that far.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Beautiful figure, but depends on the cost? and I'm guessing these will be a pretty penny.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    Beautiful figure, but depends on the cost? and I'm guessing these will be a pretty penny.
    They run between $80 and $100. I'm guessing Zaius will be $80.

As with all things I buy I tend to just pick up what I like and am prepared to pay for them. It does hurt a little when you see the same thing a year later going for less (I know that's happened to me on several of the first Distinctive Dummies I bought), but at least I've no interest in selling most of the things I pick up so it's fine.

This Mezco range is definitely on the pricey side and I've almost completely stopped buying them now (other than the Dawn of the dead 2 pack that I picked up for under retail), but I'd never say never with them as there always might be that special one that comes along for me (Hello Alien figure!). It is a shame that they didn't keep going with the Universal Monster line though.

Ian

^^ Appreciate the intel on these. Thanks!

Do they hold up to handling, posing and (re)dressing? I see there's quite an aftermarket on parts and accessories too.

Do they hold up to handling, posing and (re)dressing? I see there's quite an aftermarket on parts and accessories too.
    I've heard and seen quite a few reports of the rubberized elements of their superhero costumes not holding up to basic handling. The rubber starts cracking and/or peeling almost right away. To me that's unacceptable on an $80 figure.

It happened on my Daredevil (red comic version) but my Captain America seems fine. Probably because the individual scales are so small, with fabric between them, they can flex more.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Feb 25, '20 at 4:52 PM.

I can't answer you on that as i have several but have tended to pose them and then leave them displayed. I do have The Dark Knight version of Batman and Judge Dredd which were there first releases and they still look as fresh as the day I unboxed them so that's a good sign so far.

Ian