Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mezco one 12 planet of the apes

I've probably got about 15 of the Mezco figures, and seem to pick up one or two a year now. So far, every figure has held up, though they mostly sit untouched (and undusted) on a shelf. Dropping the Star Trek line was a tough pill to swallow. Not getting as far as Dr. McCoy in the depth chart really kills the display.

The only ones that seems to keep their value are the Mezco exclusives, and everyone goes nuts for them. Most recently, the Keaton Batman sold out within an hour of being posted.

To bring this back on topic, I'm not optimistic we're going to see a lot of Apes. I think Zaius is going to be spending time alone with Kirk and Spock. At least there will be a Doctor something in there.

mentioning Zaius, does anyone else think that's a slightly strange choice for the first figure? For me he wouldn't be my first choice for an Ape series made in this way.

Ian

^^ General Ursus and Soldier Apes are forever popular but the good Minister is also not a bad choice, however I think they really should accessorize him well to separate him from the other figures that have been made over the years. Even better, if they included an alternate outfit… not sure if that's a Mezco thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boywonder0 View Post
    Promising... Very promising...

Attachment 27568

Pretty good looking figure...

I've been reading the comments from you guys, and as much as I hate to say it, from what you've all said, it doesn't seem as though Dr. Zaius will have all that much company. (But I hope I'm wrong about that!)

Blog Entries
    I'm ok if it's a one and done. I am not certain why I feel like that.

^^ I get that… at this point Ape City contains the repetition of several characters from ranging from 1" to 12". I'm not really interested in whole new lines that mimic the style of existing figures (especially now that Super7 did 3.75"), but do like the idea of adding characters missed along the way or perhaps something select in a new style.

This mini-HT Zaius works for me in that way. I ended up buying the recent Weta figures for that reason, as the odd anime style was unique. There's also the $80 price tag on these… I'm surprised how sustainable that's been for Mezco, especially with a more fragile (FTC-quality soft goods?) product. You can practically abuse (just like old school Mego) SS and Medicom Apes without worry, and my HT trio are as fine as the day I opened them. I move **** around periodically, I need 'em to take a lil' playtime.

I don't find Zaius an odd choice for a first figure. I'd argue he's the most popular and iconic Ape. Or non-Ape, if you will. This could be a cool figure, but no way Mezco goes too deep with these.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    I don't find Zaius an odd choice for a first figure.
    Zaius is super iconic, I actually like that they started with him.

He is now up for Pre-Order at the Mezco Toyz website:

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-col...eid=6a80eec58e

^^ Ok, thanks… he's accessorized pretty well (sans 2nd outfit which would have been supercool); I think I'm in on the good Minister.