Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NECA 8" JAWS Cloth Figures

Blog Entries
    Looks like we're only getting Quint now, the Scheider estate isn't having it.

necabrodie.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    Do people not like money?

Images
    Thatís too bad. I would have loved both, but at least Quint is my top choice.

Images
    I was sad to see the figure get pulled out. He was so very well done. What a likeness! Having that figure would have been paying homage to a great actor in a great movie.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Bet they pull the plug on the whole thing.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris
    They may not have been getting enough of a piece of a pie. And I get that "some money" is better than "no money" but maybe they originally agreed to a percentage but have found out that it's going to be smaller than they thought, or that NECA was set to make more money than they thought?

Certainly possible and if they value the likeness, perhaps they think something better will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post

Chris
    Exactly. Not to mention, the character Brody is more recognizable to younger generations than Roy's own name as an actor. Roy would be almost 90 years old if he were still living and you'd think now would be as great a time as any to finally release an articulated and photorealistic action figure from what some would consider to be his most iconic role.

I must admit I cancelled my preorder when the other figure was cancelled, but Im tempted with these pics, also with the shark coming out, it should make for a great display.