Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I will never understand why estates do things like this. If it was something grossly out of synch with the movie or his performance, sure. But this is him in figure form. What's the problem?

Chris
      They may not have been getting enough of a piece of a pie. And I get that "some money" is better than "no money" but maybe they originally agreed to a percentage but have found out that it's going to be smaller than they thought, or that NECA was set to make more money than they thought?

Certainly possible and if they value the likeness, perhaps they think something better will come along.

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
        Exactly. Not to mention, the character Brody is more recognizable to younger generations than Roy's own name as an actor. Roy would be almost 90 years old if he were still living and you'd think now would be as great a time as any to finally release an articulated and photorealistic action figure from what some would consider to be his most iconic role.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

More Quint intel: https://news.toyark.com/2021/01/21/j...by-neca-415803

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

I must admit I cancelled my preorder when the other figure was cancelled, but Im tempted with these pics, also with the shark coming out, it should make for a great display.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I've kept my pre-order because it will still look great as a set with Bruce. My understanding is Dreyfuss didn't want any part of it. I don't get him. He seems to always be on the wrong side of this film and its products.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Dreyfuss was never announced. It was Brody who was announced, protoed, pre-ordered and then canceled.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  Dreyfuss was never announced. It was Brody who was announced, protoed, pre-ordered and then canceled.
                  Understood but from everything I've read, Dreyfuss declined. Schneider's estate was initially on board, which is why we had Brody as part of the pre-order, then they pulled out.

Comment

• MrKnowitAll
                    • Sep 25, 2021

There are now 2 different Jaws Hooper/ Dreyfuss figures for pre-order. I think the Brody situation might be a changing.

Comment

• MrKnowitAll
                      • Sep 25, 2021

Both Hooper figures are now out. Limited at the moment.

Comment

• Dannyc
                        • Feb 6, 2023

I noticed there was a pricey diorama recently released with miniature versions of Quint and Brody. I wonder why that was able to get released while the Neca figure wasn't.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MrKnowitAll
                          Both Hooper figures are now out. Limited at the moment.
                          As of this morning, the Walmart in East Stroudsburg, PA had about 4 or 5 Hooper action figures.

Apologies. My response was for the all-plastic Neca Hooper figure not a clothed Mego-like figure.
                          Last edited by Action Martin; Nov 12, '23, 12:03 PM. Reason: Updated type of figure
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎