Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan DiDio has left DC

Images

Dan DiDio has left DC

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lisher-1280488

I feel like DiDio had a passion for the characters, but I always felt he didn't fully understand them, personally. I never could "hate" him because of that passion, but I found the direction he took the company very frustrating.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    sounds like a good thing to me. but, careful what you wish for because who knows what the new leader will do

Images
    Blog Entries
    and that new leader will probably be Geoff Johns or Jim Lee. Uggh
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Or Bendis. Ugh.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    crud I forgot he was there now too. Shooter needs work doesn't he?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Blog Entries
    Not everything he did was bad, he greenlit Art's "Tiny Titans" and I loved giving Jeff Smith "Shazam!" to play with. In general though, I disliked comics under his reign. I hated when he referred to Wonder Woman's origin as her "Little Story" and mostly, I didn't like that DC comics was run by a guy who looked like he ran the midwest's third-largest plumbing supply firm.

It's pretty much confirmed he was fired by higher ups at WB at 10:30 PT this morning, he was fired, for cause, for 'fostering a poor work environment' which is tied to a series of recent departures from the editorial staff. It happened suddenly and unexpectedly, as the DC people presenting at the ComicsPro event this morning in Portland found out as they were making their presentation and supposedly cut it short and left immediately.

No word if they are going to replace Didio or whether Jim Lee will remain sole publisher for now, but it has been rumored it is linked to WB rethinking their publishing strategy as a whole and the direct market in particular.

-M

Images
    I would not be surprised to see Geoff Johns given some sort of overseer role similar to Kevin Feige's at Marvel. Someone calling the shots to coordinate the comics, tv, and movies. Something Marvel is obviously very good at, and DC notoriously bad.
    And something Didio never seemed to get a handle on. Looking at what was successful in DC projects and continuing or capitalizing in that direction. His constant attempts to reinvent the wheel only polarized and alienated the readership.

Blog Entries
    I guess it's time I told you all, it's me! I'm the new president of DC.

Images
    I doubt they'd do it but I'd like to see Paul Dini take over.