• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by The Bat
    Hoping Jim Lee gets the job myself.
    Well he has the job until WB decides to do something different, as he was already co-publisher, and with Didio's removal, he is sole publisher until WB/AT&T makes another move, if they do.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

RUmor floating about that Disney wants to buy the publishing arm of DC. WB is holding onto the movie rights. Looks like the actual comic company might be on the block.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        RUmor floating about that Disney wants to buy the publishing arm of DC. WB is holding onto the movie rights. Looks like the actual comic company might be on the block.
        I've heard that, pretty wild rumor...could it be true? So, they wouldn't get the Movie wrights...why would they want to do this I wonder?
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I've heard that, pretty wild rumor...could it be true? So, they wouldn't get the Movie wrights...why would they want to do this I wonder?
          licensing money maybe? I don't know, its still a creative stagnation to put all the eggs in one basket. I am seeing more and more about 5G and sounds like it would kill DC anyway. Just a ton of horrible ideas. If WB were really shopping around the comic arm I'd rather see Dynamite or Dark Horse pick it up.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Jim Lee addressed these rumors this weekend at C2E2, essentially saying, he will be the sole publisher moving forward and that DC has been around for 85 years and will be around for at least another 85 years.

As for 5G, the idea of aging some of the heroes and putting new characters in classic roles using the identity and powers as a starting point, well that was essentially what Julius Schwartz DC did in the Silver Age and if the internet had been around then it would have been a distinct failure. The difference then was that comic books were still popular but had fallen out of fashion while today, super-heroes are popular but comic book themselves have fallen out of fashion, but the core idea-hey what we had was a good idea but had stopped selling so let's update those core ideas with new characters and see if we can capture a new audience is essentially the same. Even the "hey everything happened but..." aspect of it was there in the Silver Age with the creation of Earth 2.

So it's not about whether the idea behind 5G is good or bad, because it worked before, it will come down to execution, but comics fans as a whole have become so regressive and the internet has given them a mob mentality that most are going to condemn it before it even has a chance.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, but making Wonder Woman a man and Cassie so thick she makes Squirrel Girl look skinny?

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

yeah, but making Wonder Woman a man and Cassie so thick she makes Squirrel Girl look skinny?
                Do you have a link to where it says these are happening or previews of pages that show this?

As far as I know, nothing has been officially announced or previewed as to what Generation Five is actually going to entail and just about everything has been speculation and panic-mongering by frightened fanboys who can't handle change of any sort, or who have their own agenda to grind.

-M

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
                  Do you have a link to where it says these are happening or previews of pages that show this?

As far as I know, nothing has been officially announced or previewed as to what Generation Five is actually going to entail and just about everything has been speculation and panic-mongering by frightened fanboys who can't handle change of any sort, or who have their own agenda to grind.

-M
                  just heard those two mentioned on a youtube video concerning Didio's firing they were probably his ideas along with offing Bruce, Clark and Diana.

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

just heard those two mentioned on a youtube video concerning Didio's firing they were probably his ideas along with offing Bruce, Clark and Diana.
                    Well since none of Didio's ideas on Generation Five were officially announced and since most youtube channels on comics are unreliable at best and hotbeds of wild speculation and rumor-mongering to push personal agendas rather than sources of actual information with real news at worst and that is the most common sort of channel there, I am going to dismiss those as fan speculation of the worse sort by someone who felt they had an axe to grind against Didio and/or DC rather than anything DC was actually planning or had in the works.

Most youtube channels on comics make Bleeding Cool look like a paragon of responsible comic journalism in comparison, so I wouldn't take anything you see/hear on them seriously unless you can confirm it with an independent source not just other echo-chamber channels and sites.

-M

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

yeah, but making Wonder Woman a man?

That'd never happen...the SJW "Woke" crowd would lose their freakin' minds. See, you can change a male character into a female and they'll praise you...but go the other way and the so called Progressives will be screaming for your head. It's a one way street with that crowd.
                      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Doubt Disney will buy them.Wouldn't that make them a monopoly? Don't think Disney would risk losing their Marvel movie cash cow over something like that.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

That'd never happen...the SJW "Woke" crowd would lose their freakin' minds. See, you can change a male character into a female and they'll praise you...but go the other way and the so called Progressives will be screaming for your head. It's a one way street with that crowd.
                          you seriously think Marvel or DC wouldn't try it?

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Change a female character in a male one? No, I don't believe they would...
                            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Change a female character in a male one? No, I don't believe they would...
                              Probably doubtful, but then again in today’s world, it really wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

C'mon Bat, unclench. The last thing I need here is sociopolitical posturing.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎