Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myoldtoys
    Veteran Member
    • May 15, 2012

Have you seen the figures from thefansstrikeback.com? I think they are doing what Hasbro should be...expanding the original line. They also offer a few reproduction figures which are quite well done. They have a pop-up saber R2 that looks great. Granted they aren’t $10. But I would rather spend more for something that I don’t have.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I have seen them and am very curious. I've gone from definitely getting, to maybe, to wait and see. There seems to be a lot of politics and promises and things happening behind the scene with them and the person who does the Smith Lord customs. The long and short of it is, I'm hesitant to commit money to them until they start shipping and look good.

But yes, I'd rather see Hasbro continue with new characters, vintage style. It's been pretty much what everyone has wanted for years now, but they don't get it or are afraid it won't sell.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
        Veteran Member
        • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
        I have seen them and am very curious. I've gone from definitely getting, to maybe, to wait and see. There seems to be a lot of politics and promises and things happening behind the scene with them and the person who does the Smith Lord customs. The long and short of it is, I'm hesitant to commit money to them until they start shipping and look good.

But yes, I'd rather see Hasbro continue with new characters, vintage style. It's been pretty much what everyone has wanted for years now, but they don't get it or are afraid it won't sell.
        I live near Pittsburgh. The guy from fans strike back has been at toyPalooza the last 3 times. He started selling the boxes for 12" figures. The last time I saw him there, he was selling yakfaces and Han stormtroopers for much less than the latest prices. I am kicking myself for not buying them. A couple weeks ago he was at Toyhio. He had the blue snag and couple other figures for sale at the same price on the site. What I was really drawn to though was the Pop-up R2 that was not for sale...currently back ordered. It looked very good. I'll see him again at toyPAlooza in 2 weeks. I doubt he will have more stock since China is not currently producing much.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎