X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Kenner SW Retro Collection Empire Strikes Back

First up Hoth board game with Luke Snowspeeder pilot.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Figure gives me a "Fisher Price Adventure People" vibe.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      Figure gives me a "Fisher Price Adventure People" vibe.
      I think it is the opaque visor.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Nice! I thought it looked like his helmet was removable at first, but I guess that wouldn’t quite be vintage style.

I know some Jedi figures had removable helmets, but did any ESB figures? I can’t remember any...
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I think the rumored single carded figures are Luke Bespin, Han Bespin, Lando, Leia Hoth, Yoda and AT-AT driver.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Luke looks great but the boots should be the same color as the gloves, not black.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Love the idea
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I dig them. I don't really collect SW much anymore. The last SW toys I bought were the retro collection figures last year. So I am really looking forward to the Empire wave.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

i got the boardgame with the grand moff figure, my wife wanted the board game, the figure is ok. I thought I'd be really into the whole retro thing but it didn't really resonate with me. I still have my childhood originals and nothing can really top those i guess.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I have my old Kenners too. I still really dig these. Not much really tugs on the ol' nostalgia heart strings like Kenner.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I'm all in. Hope they do another 6 characters on cards.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Single carded retro collection. Luke Bespin, Han Hoth, Leia Hoth, Yoda, Lando and Boba Fett

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, I'll be getting these, if I can hopefully find them. Hope they're not exclusive to Target again.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Leia Bespin holds more nostalgia for me than Leia Hoth for some reason though. Vinyl Capes are better than everything.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                              Hope they're not exclusive to Target again.
                              Don't think so. The listings are from Walmart's app.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎