• Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
    Wouldn't it get CRAZY boring ?
    Depends what you get to do I guess!

I guess time is a relative thing anyway... to a fly or an ant, a few weeks may seem like a long enough life to exist. A human being living up to a hundred years would seem so abstract, it would be beyond comprehension. Insects relative to people= people relative to Silver Surfer?

That’s a terrible analogy but you get what I’m saying.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
      Fist of Khonshu
      • Mar 29, 2005

No can’t say I do...have died twice but was quickly brought back both times...no memories...just nothing...
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

One has to wonder if they've run out of room if there is one.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          One has to wonder if they've run out of room if there is one.
          The size of the known universe is almost beyond our comprehension. Even if a quadrillion human souls somehow congregated in an afterlife...that’s still sooooo insignificantly, tiny, nano-macro-small, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

As far as my take?

Death is exactly like before birth...no recollection whatsoever.

However, if there’s an afterlife...I wouldn’t be disappointed...as long as I’m morphed into a chiseled Greek god, hook up with Gal Gadot and Scarlett Johansson...and get to eat all the burgers, tacos, and pizza I want...guzzle unlimited beer...all without gaining an ounce...

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
              As far as my take?

Death is exactly like before birth...no recollection whatsoever.

However, if there’s an afterlife...I wouldn’t be disappointed...as long as I’m morphed into a chiseled Greek god, hook up with Gal Gadot and Scarlett Johansson...and get to eat all the burgers, tacos, and pizza I want...guzzle unlimited beer...all without gaining an ounce...
              I think you are thinking of Valhalla. Me, I plan on haunting the living.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I"m not sure what I think of the afterlife. I don't believe in damnation, so I guess I"m skeptical.

Really, what matters to me is how we treat each other and what we create while we're here.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I think you are thinking of Valhalla. Me, I plan on haunting the living.
                  Yeah, Valhalla...

Any specific humans you’ll be haunting? I hope it’s something like bullies...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I'm like 99% positive it is exactly like this, for all eternity.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

m

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey

Oddly enough that urban legend turned out to be true. The original version of Smokey and the Bandit 3 was Smokey is the Bandit and Gleason did both roles. Man, I bet that was weird. Shame only one photo and teaser trailer has shown up.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

I definitely believe there is an afterlife. I believe the soul is eternal and will spend that eternity in one of two places. I believe the answer to all the questions about the afterlife can be found in one book. I also believe you can have peace about your eternal destination in this life. I also understand very clearly that I am a minority believing these things. One thing is for certain... when we die there is no coming back so we should really be sure we are ready to face eternity with what we believe.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Something I've never got about religion, if the Devil is the ultimate bad guy why does he torture bad people in hell ?

Doesn't it seem like Hitler would get his own presidential suite in hell ?

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 12, 2004

No.

The way I see it, I was basically "dead" for billions of years before I was born, and I don't recall that experience being too unpleasant. When I die, I'll simply revert back to my pre-birth state of nonexistence.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎