Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in an afterlife?

Well good news everyone, we're all gonna find out someday, but for now I'm in no rush.

Right now spring training games have begun, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the upcoming season
    and not think about death and what comes after, it's depressing so why bother thinking about it.

Enjoy life,family and friends, diet, exercise, vitamins, look both ways before crossing and enjoy playing
    with your megos.

I've no memory of existence prior to birth, and have no reason to believe in it after death.

The way I look at it is this: Either I won't know I'm dead, or I'll be surprised.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Speaking of death and an afterlife, what was up with The Funky Phantom having the same voice as Snagglepuss ?
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Speaking of death and an afterlife, what was up with The Funky Phantom having the same voice as Snagglepuss ?
    That's just one of those unexplainable mysteries of the universe. Some things mortals are just not meant to know.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Life after death seems appealing until you really think about it …

Wouldn't it get CRAZY boring ?
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Wouldn't it get CRAZY boring ?
    Depends what you get to do I guess!

I guess time is a relative thing anyway... to a fly or an ant, a few weeks may seem like a long enough life to exist. A human being living up to a hundred years would seem so abstract, it would be beyond comprehension. Insects relative to people= people relative to Silver Surfer?

That’s a terrible analogy but you get what I’m saying.

Images
    No canít say I do...have died twice but was quickly brought back both times...no memories...just nothing...

Images
    One has to wonder if they've run out of room if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    One has to wonder if they've run out of room if there is one.
    The size of the known universe is almost beyond our comprehension. Even if a quadrillion human souls somehow congregated in an afterlife...that’s still sooooo insignificantly, tiny, nano-macro-small, lol.

As far as my take?

Death is exactly like before birth...no recollection whatsoever.

However, if thereís an afterlife...I wouldnít be disappointed...as long as Iím morphed into a chiseled Greek god, hook up with Gal Gadot and Scarlett Johansson...and get to eat all the burgers, tacos, and pizza I want...guzzle unlimited beer...all without gaining an ounce...