• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Knock Off Superheroes

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]What's wrong with these superheroes?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This week I give you all I know about the "Heroes Accessories" line of toys, including their two waves and their relationship to Captain Action and the Mego World's Greatest Superheroes. Do you have any of these guys? Come talk about them in my new facebook group "Mego Knock Off Headquarters" an intimate group that is straight vintage toy talk: https://www.facebook.com/groups/231169224543263/[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0 , 0 , 0 , 0.87)]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0 , 0 , 0 , 0.87)]
    [/COLOR]
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Superman looks like Superman's little brother whom Martha Kent just told- "There's no need to go out spend money on a new suit when your older brother's hand-me-downs are still in fine shape."
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I never saw those in stores.

They also liquidated Jem dolls and fashions in those Super Stars baggies. Some were on real Jem bodies and some were on blow molded.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Awesome fun video!

Comment

• The Nawd
          Nawd your head for yes.
          • Feb 15, 2011

I never saw those in stores that I can recall. On the other hand my memory has never been perfect either.

But I do vaguely remember those liquidated Jem dolls that Werewolf mentioned.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I never saw any of these bootleg type of dolls. The closest thing I saw were the non-Transformer branded imports of Shockwave, the Constructicons, etc, that showed up at Radio Shack and places like that. Had I seen these super heroes, I would have lost my mind.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

The Batman/Phantom/Hornet guy is a Star!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^I like him, too! These are all new to me, I wonder were that little GH sticker originated?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎