Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the way we wash our Treks.........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

This is the way we wash our Treks.........

It was 2000-something and Derek taught me to wash all my colors in warm water, separately. This is why.

• ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

This is just awesome.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

This is informative *and* entertaining. So many thoughts!

1. That is an impressive amount of Mego Trek dolls.
      2. Are there a lot of modern Mego clothes in there, or are those vintage? It doesn't look like it judging from a quick scan of the naked figures. I am shocked how much dye is leaching out.
      3. Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the little "modesty underoos"? I know it probably costs more to do multiple colors and nobody can see them... but still... it really struck me looking at that picture.
      4. I must take points off for not calling this post "The Naked Time".

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Almost all vintage - there's just a couple of modern figs. There's a bag of modern clothes top right and a bag of modern heads. Most of my modern body dupes went towards my Mr Leslie party.

And DAMN! why din't I think of The Naked Time.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

What do you wash with?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty neat. You could almost Easter egg color with all that left over Trek dye
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

Thus creating the most perfect Easter egg ever!

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                And DAMN! why din't I think of The Naked Time.
                I'm afraid we need you to hand in your nerd card. You've been demoted to simply socially awkward.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

What kind of soap did you use? how long do they sit, and how did you dry them?
                  did you air dry? or did you throw them all in a regular clothes dryer?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

[QUOTE=TrekStar;1433950]What kind of soap did you use? how long do they sit, and how did you dry them?
                    did you air dry? or did you throw them all in a regular clothes dryer?[/QUOTE

I let the dirty stuff like this sit overnight. The soap is just regular dye-free liquid laundry detergent. I dab them dry with an old towel and let them air dry.

For stuff that's really bad I pour the detergent on the piece and brush it in with a soft toothbrush, let sit a couple days, and then do normal process.

For stains, there a lot of different things to try. Trek shirts are often beyond repair due to both the pants and the weapons belts bleeding into and/or reacting with the fabric.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎