X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by rykerw1701
    I have to agree. Catwoman is its own kind of special. There are some other major release clinkers--Superman IV, Batman & Robin, etc...that at least have something. But Catwoman, that disaster stands on its own. BoP was watchable, and forgettable.
    agreed! Catwoman, and I would add Elektra, are in their own special category of bad

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Elettra is the worst one I’ve seen. Have yet to take in Catwoman. Batman and Robin is very close, though.

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

If you have yet to see Catwoman, do yourself and your sanity a favor and don't. Otherwise you to will have wasted a couple hours of your life that you can never get back.
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by HeartofGlass
          If you have yet to see Catwoman, do yourself and your sanity a favor and don't. Otherwise you to will have wasted a couple hours of your life that you can never get back.
          I've seen Catwoman a half dozen times. It's so perfectly wrong, it's entertaining. I mean, none of it, not one single second of it works, it's just Cringey and laughable, it's "The Room" of Superhero movies. You're laughing at it, not with it.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I like Sharon Stone in it, honestly.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by palitoy
              I've seen Catwoman a half dozen times. It's so perfectly wrong, it's entertaining. I mean, none of it, not one single second of it works, it's just Cringey and laughable, it's "The Room" of Superhero movies. You're laughing at it, not with it.
              Well stated. So much so that I find myself laughing at it right now by only thinking about it.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                Career Member
                • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I like Sharon Stone in it, honestly.
                I'm not certain I remember her part in it. I'm sure I did at the time but not much about the movie stuck in my head

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I will watch eventually, just like Batman and Robin, which I only watched about 5-6 years ago.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

just fast forward to the scenes where Halle Berry is in costume, mute the sound, and enjoy how amazing she looks in tight leather, LOL

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Not even close, that's silly. Catwoman is in a league of it's own, a perfect **** storm.
                      yep. it is a special kind of bad. the only other cinematically released DC/Marvel comic movie that may compare is Elektra.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Not even close, that's silly. Catwoman is in a league of it's own, a perfect **** storm.
                        But at least I finished Catwoman. I could only take 40 minutes of Birds of Prey...and I don’t know how I did it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

I'm an hour in... I watched this because I felt the need to sub to HBO Max to see the JL Snyder Cut.. and, of course this was there to watch as well.

I'm surprised at any heavily negative reviews.

The movie seems like a "fun-house"-like Tarantino film... of course the script is not as deep as a Tarantino film, but the organic kookiness is one of quite a few things that make up for that --- and really what DCEU or MCU superhero movie has achieved something that deep anyway.

Also, I'm no expert on what makes something "feminine"... but this movie seems surprisingly decidedly "girly" to me (as in a kind of tone that seems to express "the free-spirited woman")... it just seems no one sees that like I do... nor many of the other points that makes this movie a winner for me in the same way that Ragnarok (a colorful superhero film treat) did for me for the MCU, a film which was (for whatever reason) much better received.

but, hey something about this movie really scratches an itch for me. Although I admit, it's hard to place a finger on exactly what it is.... so, at the least, since I don't post here often these days, I thought I'd double up on my DCEU perspective sharing, and share my BOP thoughts alongside my thoughts on the JLSC in that other thread.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

my major problem is this is NOT BOP its just a Harley Quinn movie. It would have been better if they stuck with that.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                              my major problem is this is NOT BOP its just a Harley Quinn movie. It would have been better if they stuck with that.
                              Whereas some criticisms are surprising to me... the lack of connection to the comics... in multiple ways... is not a surprising criticism. Personally, I am used to being thrown by differences and always try to focus on my enjoyment of the movie aside from authentic comic translations to screen. Although sometimes I have my limits and my experience is compromised.

This movie's characters in particular are "side-character" enough for me to not even be educated enough to know when a lot of the stuff is off-model.

Obviously they enjoyed the idea of re-branding of BOP to make it repackaged with that other great brand "Harley Quinn".

This reasoning had to be the impetus for this odd unholy monster of a concept, a concept whose mindset is akin to fusing Doomsday into a Batman vs. movie with the title from that same movie also referencing the Justice League franchise.

It's a shame these DCEU movies weren't more universally accepted. They'd have reason to think their clever marketing was definitively clever.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎