Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no thread for the Birds of Prey movie

Images
    I didn't see anything in the trailer that made me want to see it. I've become completely desensitized to Harley Quinn I think, due to her oversaturation. I liked Robey in the role in Suicide Squad, which I did not hate, and enjoyed it as a brainless popcorn flick. But for some reason, there wasn't enough comic in this one to make me interested. Honestly, when I found out Ewan McGregor was Black Mask, THAT piqued my interest more than anything.

It's the same reason I haven't seen Joker yet. They've stripped so much of the source material out, my interest went with it.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Well it's gonna snow all weekend here, so I bought tickets for the Mrs and me. I guess I'll find out for myself what all the non-fuss is about.

To be truthful, they should have had Harley Quinn and her own team the Quinntets or Gang of Harleys instead of the Birds of Prey (in which she was never a member) and it would have been a better movie. I hated that they took Cassandra Cain and stripped her of the comic book bio and just made her Harley's sidekick.

Gang of Harleys.jpgquinntets.jpg

If the movie went with Harley Quinn & the Gang Of Harleys the movie would have been better and could have made more money. From what I have read, the BOP could have easily been redone.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 28, '20 at 10:33 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    I'm curious about it but not enough to go see it in theaters. let us know what you think of it Brian. I figured I would catch it once it hits one of the movie channels, or maybe even on demand

Images
    I could never figure out what this movie was trying to be... just didn’t look like a superhero movie to me.

For some reason I was getting a “Tank Girl” vibe...

which is funny as Margot Robbie is doing a tank girl project next

Blog Entries
    Wife and I both loved it, serious Tank Girl vibe. It's a fun movie, it all just worked for me.

Is it a good superhero movie? that's subjective but it was far more fun to me than Captain Marvel. My wife wants to go again.

Images
    I work for s movie theatre company. For weeks. weve been debating why this didnít work. It got good reviews and came out at what seemed like s good time. Tons of theories but I donít think thereís one specific reason, rather several that hurt it. Hereís a few:

1. Should have been called Harley Quinn and he Birds of Prey. As much as she was front and center in all advertising, it seems a lot of customers didnít realize it. We had a lot of people coming in to see something else and didnít realize that it was the Harley Quinn movie.
    2. R rating. While it works for some movies, maybe a Harley Quinn movie should have been PG13 since she has such a big following amongst younger females.
    3. Suicide Squad. Sure, it did well and people generally liked her in it, but very few people liked the movie and even more pretty much forgot about it.
    4. No major actors or actresses aside from Robbie and Iím not sure sheís a draw, though people like her.

I thought the movie was fun and was shocked that it didnít do better. McGregor is fantastic as one of the most unique villains Iíve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin19 View Post
    I work for s movie theatre company. For weeks. weve been debating why this didn’t work. It got good reviews and came out at what seemed like s good time. Tons of theories but I don’t think there’s one specific reason, rather several that hurt it. Here’s a few:

1. Should have been called Harley Quinn and he Birds of Prey. As much as she was front and center in all advertising, it seems a lot of customers didn’t realize it. We had a lot of people coming in to see something else and didn’t realize that it was the Harley Quinn movie.
    2. R rating. While it works for some movies, maybe a Harley Quinn movie should have been PG13 since she has such a big following amongst younger females.
    3. Suicide Squad. Sure, it did well and people generally liked her in it, but very few people liked the movie and even more pretty much forgot about it.
    4. No major actors or actresses aside from Robbie and I’m not sure she’s a draw, though people like her.

I thought the movie was fun and was shocked that it didn’t do better. McGregor is fantastic as one of the most unique villains I’ve seen.
    1. Why go the way of the R-rated movie, this did cut out the teenage girl crowd this movie needed to bring in the $$$

2. Suicide Squad felt like a sequel to a movie that was never made. The first movie was there but got squeezed out. If SS was about forming a team to hunt down Joker with Enchantress as a member that would have sold better setting up the Harley movie....

3. Harley should have followed the mini-series Gang of Harleys. This would have focused in on Harley (like the trailers do) going from villain to anti-hero role. And put the team in a version of there comic books outfits..

4. Yeah Black Mask wears the mask for a while, but why use Victor Zsasz? Wasn't he covered in Gotham enough??

5. Bringing Harley back to Gotham and NO sign of any Batman Family to stop her???

6. Cassandra Cain was not the character from the comics so why use her???

7. Black Canary was another character that was just missed used. Her mother was the original crimefighter in Gotham so her daughter is a lounge singer??

8. The average movie goer hears this is a comic book movie they expect to see them in costume, when they don't they do not go back and do not recommend it.

I could go on but really that's plenty. WB allowed an actor to fan-write her own idea and got what they paid for.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    There are worst things to be upset about.

Haven't seen it...am curious...enjoyed Suicide Squad...Love Margot Robbie as Harley.

My Take: Agree it should have shot for a PG-13 Rating instead of R, the Title should have been more clear as previously mentioned, and I thought the Ad/Promotional Campaign was weak, confusing, & ill-timed.

Will give it a shot when it plays on one of my streaming services...Glad to Read & Hear that it was Good/Not-so-Bad.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!