• powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

which is funny as Margot Robbie is doing a tank girl project next

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Wife and I both loved it, serious Tank Girl vibe. It's a fun movie, it all just worked for me.

Is it a good superhero movie? that's subjective but it was far more fun to me than Captain Marvel. My wife wants to go again.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I work for s movie theatre company. For weeks. weve been debating why this didn’t work. It got good reviews and came out at what seemed like s good time. Tons of theories but I don’t think there’s one specific reason, rather several that hurt it. Here’s a few:

1. Should have been called Harley Quinn and he Birds of Prey. As much as she was front and center in all advertising, it seems a lot of customers didn’t realize it. We had a lot of people coming in to see something else and didn’t realize that it was the Harley Quinn movie.
        2. R rating. While it works for some movies, maybe a Harley Quinn movie should have been PG13 since she has such a big following amongst younger females.
        3. Suicide Squad. Sure, it did well and people generally liked her in it, but very few people liked the movie and even more pretty much forgot about it.
        4. No major actors or actresses aside from Robbie and I’m not sure she’s a draw, though people like her.

I thought the movie was fun and was shocked that it didn’t do better. McGregor is fantastic as one of the most unique villains I’ve seen.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by Goblin19
          I work for s movie theatre company. For weeks. weve been debating why this didn’t work. It got good reviews and came out at what seemed like s good time. Tons of theories but I don’t think there’s one specific reason, rather several that hurt it. Here’s a few:

1. Should have been called Harley Quinn and he Birds of Prey. As much as she was front and center in all advertising, it seems a lot of customers didn’t realize it. We had a lot of people coming in to see something else and didn’t realize that it was the Harley Quinn movie.
          2. R rating. While it works for some movies, maybe a Harley Quinn movie should have been PG13 since she has such a big following amongst younger females.
          3. Suicide Squad. Sure, it did well and people generally liked her in it, but very few people liked the movie and even more pretty much forgot about it.
          4. No major actors or actresses aside from Robbie and I’m not sure she’s a draw, though people like her.

I thought the movie was fun and was shocked that it didn’t do better. McGregor is fantastic as one of the most unique villains I’ve seen.
          1. Why go the way of the R-rated movie, this did cut out the teenage girl crowd this movie needed to bring in the $$$

2. Suicide Squad felt like a sequel to a movie that was never made. The first movie was there but got squeezed out. If SS was about forming a team to hunt down Joker with Enchantress as a member that would have sold better setting up the Harley movie....

3. Harley should have followed the mini-series Gang of Harleys. This would have focused in on Harley (like the trailers do) going from villain to anti-hero role. And put the team in a version of there comic books outfits..

4. Yeah Black Mask wears the mask for a while, but why use Victor Zsasz? Wasn't he covered in Gotham enough??

5. Bringing Harley back to Gotham and NO sign of any Batman Family to stop her???

6. Cassandra Cain was not the character from the comics so why use her???

7. Black Canary was another character that was just missed used. Her mother was the original crimefighter in Gotham so her daughter is a lounge singer??

8. The average movie goer hears this is a comic book movie they expect to see them in costume, when they don't they do not go back and do not recommend it.

I could go on but really that's plenty. WB allowed an actor to fan-write her own idea and got what they paid for.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• WannabeMego
            Made in the USA
            • May 2, 2003

There are worst things to be upset about.

Haven't seen it...am curious...enjoyed Suicide Squad...Love Margot Robbie as Harley.

My Take: Agree it should have shot for a PG-13 Rating instead of R, the Title should have been more clear as previously mentioned, and I thought the Ad/Promotional Campaign was weak, confusing, & ill-timed.

Will give it a shot when it plays on one of my streaming services...Glad to Read & Hear that it was Good/Not-so-Bad.
            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I agree about the "R" rating, no need for it and it's been overdone as far as comic movies go. Sure, some content it's required but I think it's just slapped upon for whatever reason.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

After opening night, I gave it a brief review in the "Latest Movie" thread in General Buzz. I didn't start a thread here because it did feel like there was little interest.

I think I'm in the minority in not liking this movie. (I also didn't like Suicide Squad, so they may be telling). The action scenes were, at times, fun, but I just couldn't get into the characters. I usually like re-imagined or updated versions of characters as long as they maintain the spirit of the originals. Aside from the name, I felt the Huntress was almost unrecognizable. She seemed to be played at best socially awkward/at worst just plain stupid that had nothing to do with the original. The jokes all too often landed flat. The rating definitely felt very forced. It was almost like they went through a re-write to add curses into the early dialog.

I liked it better than Suicide Squad but still feel like it failed.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I love movies were women kick butt:

ALIEN/Aliens
                  Terminator
                  Kill Bill
                  Wonder Woman
                  Captain Marvel
                  Salt
                  Atomic Blonde
                  Laura Croft
                  Alita
                  All those old early Golden Harvest Kung Fu movies featuring awesome female fighters

...and so on...

But Suicide Squad sucked so much...and the trailers for the sequel looked like more of the same lamo.

I’ll check it out when it’s OnDemand.
                  sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

ok I have finally watched the BOP/HarleyQuinn movie. I get a free PPV movie once a month so once the dropped the price I figured why not. As a popcorn movie it was fun. As a BOP movie is sucked. I stand by what I said earlier, the movie should have been a Harley Quinn with his Gang of Harleys. From the beginning of the movie it was like the comic book run with the GOH, but it took a bad turn. The problem started when they tried to shoehorn in the first Female Team Super-Hero movie in Hot Topics clothing. I will wait till black friday to pick the dvd/blu-ray.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I'm not even going to bother buying this one. it was okay for what it was but not worth a second viewing

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not even going to bother trying to finish watching it for a first viewing. I tried and it sucked.

Spoiler:

Gotham streets are as smooth as a skating rink. That's really stupid.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

I just got around to seeing this movie. It just wasn't something that really made me want to go see it in the theaters, despite my comic book-loving tendencies and of course my appreciation for Margot Robbie.

It's a perfectly fine movie to watch at home. No big screen special effects, and the plot wasn't strong enough to get lost in. They pretty much dropped the costume part of the characters, so really it was about a bunch of ***-kicking women, which is not a bad thing in itself, but it didn't feel much like the property should have.

I think a bad title, the unnecessary R rating (minor edits and it wasn't needed) and poor character design killed it.

Five of us watched it, so it cost me about $1 each. It was worth that.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

BOP is on par with Halle Berry's Catwoman, it was that good.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
                              BOP is on par with Halle Berry's Catwoman, it was that good.
                              Not even close, that's silly. Catwoman is in a league of it's own, a perfect **** storm.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rykerw1701
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Not even close, that's silly. Catwoman is in a league of it's own, a perfect **** storm.
                                I have to agree. Catwoman is its own kind of special. There are some other major release clinkers--Superman IV, Batman & Robin, etc...that at least have something. But Catwoman, that disaster stands on its own. BoP was watchable, and forgettable.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎