Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no thread for the Birds of Prey movie

Blog Entries

Question There is no thread for the Birds of Prey movie

That's kind of telling.

I'm a DC guy, i like their movies, heck I buy their movies. I love Margo Robey. I love movies where a group of women kick ***. i loved the BoP Tv series.
    I can't put my finger on why i didn't see this in the theater. I just had no motivation to do so yet it totally should be my thing.

Also, why didn't my wife (also a fan) ask me to take her to this? Something's amiss.

Was it the marketing? Was it the character designs? I'm hardly a stickler for those things, I liked the Mandarin for gosh's sakes.

Just something didn't click.

Images
    It's a very forgettable movie.
    I still like Margot Robbie as Harley, but I much prefer the first Suicide Squad film.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

The poster art was AWESOME and very colorful.

Images
    My older girls loves Huntress, the younger loves Harley. Homemade Halloween costumes for both, pre-Robey Squad.

They had zero interest. It plays like a parody. The designs are gawd-awful. Who's the audience? No one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    It's a very forgettable movie.
    I still like Margot Robbie as Harley, but I much prefer the first Suicide Squad film.
    I actually heard good things about the movie, which is more confounding. I also didn't mind Suicide Squad either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    My older girls loves Huntress, the younger loves Harley. Homemade Halloween costumes for both, pre-Robey Squad.

They had zero interest. It plays like a parody. The designs are gawd-awful. Who's the audience? No one.
    My daughter has a Harley Quinn poster in her room, she didn't even mention the movie.

Did they normalize her look too much?

I am somewhat curious to see it to see how they did Black Canary Iíll just catch it when it goes to On Demand.

Images
    My wife, daughter and I went and saw it on the opening weekend. We all enjoyed it, but I agree it wasn't very deep, but visually interesting.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Was it the character designs?
    I think it was the character designs. Too much Hot Topic and not enough superhero. I have heard the movie is actually pretty decent though.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...