Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'm really tempted to get this whole set. I feel they capture the feel of RAH while updating it enough to appeal to new fans. Best of both worlds, and the only way to make this popular enough to survive nowadays.
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I'm really tempted to get this whole set. I feel they capture the feel of RAH while updating it enough to appeal to new fans. Best of both worlds, and the only way to make this popular enough to survive nowadays.
      I forked over $110 with shipping to get the exclusive Snake Eyes and I don't feel bad about it. The figure is that nice in hand. Do I wish I'd payed $40? Of course, but I'm so happy with the figure the sting is much less.
      From the back of the box, looks like wave 2 will be Cobra Commander, Baroness, Gung-Ho, Red Ninja, and Alley Viper with shield! First army builder!
      Last edited by enyawd72; Apr 16, '20, 1:46 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Photographed my Snake Eyes figure...I love this thing!

Last edited by enyawd72; Apr 17, '20, 2:04 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Very nice!!! You're making me regret missing out on the deluxe one again!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^I love him! Probably in my top 10 all time favorites. The paint apps are incredible. There are so many subtle things they did, like slightly different sheens of the same color to differentiate between canvas and nylon on his uniform, every snap, rivet and ring...the tiny Arashikage symbols are so clean and perfect. He has newly designed articulation also at the neck, torso, and drop-down hips for extra wide kick stances.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Later on I would like to see a Snake Eyes without mask. Based on what he looked like from the comic.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I think the deluxe Snake Eyes looks really nice but I am okay with just getting the retail version. I also prefer the all black suit to the grey pants. Plus, you know, it's Snake Eyes there's going to be a lot more. Eventually we will all get our favorite version. I'm just happy Duke turned out so nice. There's like a bajillion Duke figures and most aren't that great.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  Plus, you know, it's Snake Eyes there's going to be a lot more.
                  You bet...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I think the deluxe Snake Eyes looks really nice but I am okay with just getting the retail version. I also prefer the all black suit to the grey pants. Plus, you know, it's Snake Eyes there's going to be a lot more. Eventually we will all get our favorite version. I'm just happy Duke turned out so nice. There's like a bajillion Duke figures and most aren't that great.
                    There's something about that original Duke figure. Maybe it's the smile on his face. It looks like a completely friendly and genial smile, whereas the package art makes it look like an earnest but confident smile. I think in some ways it transcends the line into the "childhood friend" area that few toys can cross into.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

The original 84 Duke is a classic.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Duke review.

The articulation on these is amazing.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

^Holy. Crap.

Duke is AMAZING. I already know I'm gonna flip when I get Destro.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Sure, I'd love a spot on Sunbow Duke but I'd be still hard pressed to find faults with that figure. I'm actually kinda gob smacked there are fans bitterly complaining about this line to the point of wanting it to fail. The paint, sculpts and articulation on these are amazing for a $20 price point. Puts the DC figures McFarlane are doing to absolute shame.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to see Robo is taken with this figure, and the line. I really enjoy his videos, and his relaxed take on things.

I'm seriously considering ordering a full case of these, which is something I haven't done in AGES. But then I think there are plenty of other things I want as well...but man, these are SOOOO tempting.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

It's pretty nice that these are around the corner and in some places already out, looking forward to them indeed. And I like the fwoosh idea of Hasbro doing joes on retro cards (like X men and spidey) of classics with less modern embellishing(which doesn't bother me btw).
                                Last edited by powersthatbe; Apr 23, '20, 1:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎