Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msenger76
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

the straight on look of Roadblock looks too much like Shaq, and i sure hope the vest is removable to give us the camo tank top

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

A Transformers forum is posting skus from TRU Canada of unannounced GI JOE toys. $12.99 Titan Figures (which are the 12 inch plastic 5POA figures I'm not surprised they are doing those), a $12.99 Ninja figure assortment which I am guessing is the 4 inch movie line, $29.99 GI Joe figure assortment, $29.99 Gi joe ninja strike figure and a $29.99 Gi Joe themed figure assortment.

Disclaimer these are Canada prices and take stuff like this with a grain of salt until officially confirmed. My guess is the GI JOE Ninja Strike and GI JOE themed figures are the 6 inch Classified figures with the Ninja Strike being a movie wave.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 23, '20, 1:55 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

I wouldn't expect him for a while, but I wonder if they could do Sgt. Slaughter or if his rights are tied up with Mattel and WWE?

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
          I wouldn't expect him for a while, but I wonder if they could do Sgt. Slaughter or if his rights are tied up with Mattel and WWE?
          Maybe as an convention exclusive.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Destro.

He looks great. Way closer to the original design than expected.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 27, '20, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Destro.

He looks great. Way closer to the original design than expected.
              I agree on the figure... way better job on Destro than I would have expected.

(BTW thanks for always sharing these cool announcements on '80s toys.)

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel

(BTW thanks for always sharing these cool announcements on '80s toys.)
                Happy to pass along the info and it's nice to know other people enjoy this stuff too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Oh yeah, that's nice! I'm not down on the line like some, but this is more what I had in mind as far as updates. I think they will dial back some of the more colorful aspects based on feedback they got from the older fan response.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Great job on Destro, I always liked the RAH villains more than the Joes.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Duke and Destro are the closest to the original designs so far. I kinda get the complaints on Roadblock because people were probably expecting an update of the 84 figure. It is actually a pretty good update of the 86 version, though. I'm hoping the regular Snake Eyes wont have of the green/grey pants of the exclusive.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

First pic leak of retail Snake Eyes. He is two per case.

Full 6" G.I. Joe Classified Wave 1 Figure Line-Up Revealed With In-Hand Image

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

I received my exclusive Snake Eyes today and I'm not kidding when I say this is the best made Hasbro figure I own.
                          The sculpt, articulation, and paint apps are off the charts. This thing is simply gorgeous. I've preordered the entire first wave and am all-in for these.

I love what they're doing with these! There isn't a single figure I don't like. I did a comparison of Roadblock, and the update is amazing.
                          He looks like a real person, and the most recognizable elements of his outfit are there. Little things like the sculpted knife on the original are now an actual removable knife and sheath.
                          Destro made my jaw drop. Can't wait for the Baroness and Cobra Commander,
                          Flint, Lady Jaye, Crimson Guard, Zartan, and B.A.T.s

One thing I would really like to see are die-cut file cards included with each figure.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Unfortunately aside from Snake Eyes and Destro, these all look like bad cosplays of GI Joe to me.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Better look at retail Snake Eyes.

I like them all.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Better look at retail Snake Eyes.

I like them all.
                                Me too...I think they're fantastic. Really not getting all the hate. I can guarantee if they were carbon copies of the vintage or 25th figures the very same people would be complaining that "It's just a bigger version of what we already have...why didn't they do something different?"

You just can't please some people.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎