X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Moebius Concept art for Jodorowsky's DUNE

Came up in my feed. Heavy Metal Magazine showing old Moebius character concept art for Alexander Jodorowsky's version of Dune. I don't necessarily need the Dune adaptation, but can we please get a movie that translates like this visually? I just love stuff like this.

Linky:

• MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hedji
    Came up in my feed. Heavy Metal Magazine showing old Moebius character concept art for Alexander Jodorowsky's version of Dune. I don't necessarily need the Dune adaptation, but can we please get a movie that translates like this visually? I just love stuff like this.

Linky:

https://www.heavymetal.com/news/moeb...eid=8c0227ea09
    I'd love to see the storyboards that Moebius and H.R. Giger produced for the film released as a graphic novel. There are three existing copies as far as I know, all in three ring binders. You can see parts of it (and all these character designs plus the Giger designs) in the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Feb 18, '20, 2:02 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

YES! That book... it's like a Holy Grail. There's something that needs to be published as an art book. I remember watching the movie and wishing I could flip through it.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Some amazing designs there. The depiction of some of the characters is wildly inaccurate, but it's still a fascinating interpretation to enjoy from a legendary artist.

(And yeah, the documentary is great viewing.)
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Lynch's Dune is one of my all time favorite Sci Fi Movies. While I would describe Lynch as having bizarre brilliance, Jodorowsky has disturbing brilliance. I made the mistake of taking my girlfriend to see Santa Sangre when it premiered. I'd seen both El Topo and The Holy Mountain, so I kinda knew what to expect. To put it kindly, she didn't appreciate his disturbing brilliance. I would have loved to have seen what that maniac could have done with that cast and the Pink Floyd soundtrack.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎