Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Adams' and Aparo's Batman often looked pretty muscular, but lean. And yeah, Dwayne... it would be really great to see Bats do some reaaaaly athletic martial arts.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

The best live action Batman I’ve ever seen is in Sandy Collora’s fan film short, Batman: Dead End...played by Clark Bartram...

Walter Koenig’s late son, Andrew, as the Joker, was pretty damn good too...
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Of course, Clark Bartram is not your ordinary human...

Super ripped...but not huge like a Terminator/Transformer pro bodybuilder...more like a leaner muscular aerobic instructor...

Last edited by Hector; Feb 15, '20, 9:28 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
          The best live action Batman I’ve ever seen is in Sandy Collora’s fan film short, Batman: Dead End...played by Clark Bartram...

Walter Koenig’s late son, Andrew, as the Joker, was pretty damn good too...
          Yep, and it proves beyond a doubt that a serious Batman in tights can work.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Yep, and it proves beyond a doubt that a serious Batman in tights can work.
            For 6 minutes.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
              For 6 minutes.
              Funny, Christopher Reeve didn't seem to have a problem for four whole movies, so...chew on that.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I was talking about Batman actors. yes, Routh looked great in the suit.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I think a compromise can be reached, it all depends on the designer and the director. Shazam! (how I hate to type that), Wonder Woman, and Aquaman looked plausible. Routh's Superman, Speedo notwithstanding, looked decent. With Marvel, they've done X-Men, Black Widow, Spidey and Captain America pretty well. I ilked Daredevil I, too.

Batman can be done similarly. I don't think we're ever going to see a "classic" Batman onscreen now, a homage to Adam West, etc. But something closer to tradition, with color variation, should be considered and is possible. Affleck edged towards that, though I did not like his suit.

But armor just does not suit the character. IMO, Batman should apppear stylized, even a bit vulnerable, and then Kick Butt.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 16, '20, 9:47 AM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Funny, Christopher Reeve didn't seem to have a problem for four whole movies, so...chew on that.
                    What does Superman have to do with anything? Superman is effectively invulnerable. Batman is just a normal human being who fights people who have guns (or worse).

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

I actually liked Affleck's suit a lot... in fact for me it was the best of the movie Bat suits to date.

The ideal suit for the big screen would be one that maintained the overall flexibility and aesthetic of the comic book suit.
                      Maybe some kind of fibre mesh outer layer with a classic style cowl.
                      If the film-makers wanted to incorporate some more substantial armoured elements to it, they could do so sparingly without the final result looking like it was designed as a collaboration between Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark.

Actually, the designers could look to the suits from the early entries in the Arkham series of video games to see a suit that resembled the comic book one in most respects while still being a substantial, rugged outfit not overly dependent on rigid armoured components.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        I actually liked Affleck's suit a lot... in fact for me it was the best of the movie Bat suits to date.
                        I would agree with that, though none of them "wowed" me. You make a good point about a composite suit and some Arkham skins.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 16, '20, 1:11 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                          What does Superman have to do with anything? Superman is effectively invulnerable. Batman is just a normal human being who fights people who have guns (or worse).
                          What does the length of the film have to do with anything? 6 minutes or 120...what difference does it make? If the suit looks good and works it's irrelevant. Is there some reason they can't make a suit that looks like the one I posted and simply say it's armored underneath? Bulletproof material? No. No there is not.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

What does the length of the film have to do with anything? 6 minutes or 120...what difference does it make? If the suit looks good and works it's irrelevant. Is there some reason they can't make a suit that looks like the one I posted and simply say it's armored underneath? Bulletproof material? No. No there is not.
                            I clearly misunderstood your point. When you said a "serious Batman", I took that as "a Batman that could exist in the real world without straining our suspension of disbelief" (like the Nolan Batman). If your point is just that it is possible to make the classic costume look good on screen, and then explain it away with "Mr. Stark made me these magic jammies"... that is obviously the Marvel strategy and it works just fine too.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

I like the look. And glad it stands apart from previous versions

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

a really professional piece of fan art ,
                                Last edited by libby 1957dog; Feb 17, '20, 8:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎