• Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

^ Michael Giacchino composed it

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Is it just me, or does the music sound like the part in “Leader of the Pack” after he crashes his motorcycle?
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Ehh, now that I watch it I really don't care for it. Overly armored, looks like the shoulder armor will catch on he chest,and the built in batarang in the chest I really find a detriment to the emblem. Wish it were based off of Batman Noel or taken some inspiration from 66 as rumored.
        Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 14, '20, 1:31 PM.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

So, they've gone for the overly armoured look again.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Looks more leather than armor to me.

I mean, yes, looks like he dons some plating, but more like football type padding than tank armored.
            Last edited by Hector; Feb 14, '20, 9:08 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog

A better look here,well slowed down and colour corrected
              I'm digging the look! Especially the leather cowl.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                I really like the music in this.
                It is pretty baddass.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

I like it.

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

The chest Bat-emblem may be inspired by Kevin Smith's take where it is made from the ruins of Joe Chill's gun that killed his parents (so not a built in batarang but a sculpted piece from the gun). It's a popular rumor I have heard on a few comic sites after the images was first leaked.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Regardless where the inspiration came from, the chest and emblem are a mess
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

OK...I'm just gonna give my two cents here.

I think what we've seen so far is garbage. Some folks may like it, and that's OK.

Me? I see nothing but director's vanity in these types of designs. I don't know why every director of a superhero film thinks they need to reinvent the wheel.

They feel this need to make the design "theirs" instead of just recreating what works perfectly to begin with.
                        We've seen plenty of realistic Batman costume designs from toy companies that are almost 100% true to the comics, so it CAN be done.

Why can't Hollywood simply give us THIS? This is what I want to see on the screen, and I'm sure most of you do too.

dc-comics-batman-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100425-09.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I thnk an overly-armored look is a mistake, but TBH I've never really cared for any modern cinema Batsuit.

I'm terribly disapppointed in Emperor Penguin, so I'm not going to invest much personal energy or interest in this film.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I agree with Dwayne. I am approaching with an open mind, because, well... MY Batman has already been done. So anything else is just more. Batman has been all black for 30 years now, and could use a little color in his suit.

But regardless of the suit, I hope the direction offers some thrills, fun, and delight. Not just darkness. There's plenty of that in real life.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              OK...I'm just gonna give my two cents here.

I think what we've seen so far is garbage. Some folks may like it, and that's OK.

Me? I see nothing but director's vanity in these types of designs. I don't know why every director of a superhero film thinks they need to reinvent the wheel.

They feel this need to make the design "theirs" instead of just recreating what works perfectly to begin with.
                              We've seen plenty of realistic Batman costume designs from toy companies that are almost 100% true to the comics, so it CAN be done.

Why can't Hollywood simply give us THIS? This is what I want to see on the screen, and I'm sure most of you do too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27506[/ATTACH]
                              because none of the actors to date have the physical build to pull that off without the padded armor to make them look muscular. Afleck is a big dude but I don't think he has the muscular definition to just wear stretchy fabric and look good

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                because none of the actors to date have the physical build to pull that off without the padded armor to make them look muscular. Afleck is a big dude but I don't think he has the muscular definition to just wear stretchy fabric and look good
                                Huh? Brandon Routh looked pretty amazing in the Crisis Crossover, so it can definitely be done. Minimal sculped musculature underneath and subtle shading is all you need.

Besides, Batman shouldn't be hulking anyway. He would be so musclebound, there's no way he could be an effective martial artist.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎