Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: first look at pattisons bat suit

Quote Originally Posted by libby 1957dog View Post

A better look here,well slowed down and colour corrected
    I'm digging the look! Especially the leather cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I really like the music in this.
    It is pretty baddass.

Images
    I like it.

The chest Bat-emblem may be inspired by Kevin Smith's take where it is made from the ruins of Joe Chill's gun that killed his parents (so not a built in batarang but a sculpted piece from the gun). It's a popular rumor I have heard on a few comic sites after the images was first leaked.

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    Regardless where the inspiration came from, the chest and emblem are a mess
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

OK...I'm just gonna give my two cents here.

I think what we've seen so far is garbage. Some folks may like it, and that's OK.

Me? I see nothing but director's vanity in these types of designs. I don't know why every director of a superhero film thinks they need to reinvent the wheel.

They feel this need to make the design "theirs" instead of just recreating what works perfectly to begin with.
    We've seen plenty of realistic Batman costume designs from toy companies that are almost 100% true to the comics, so it CAN be done.

Why can't Hollywood simply give us THIS? This is what I want to see on the screen, and I'm sure most of you do too.

dc-comics-batman-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100425-09.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    I thnk an overly-armored look is a mistake, but TBH I've never really cared for any modern cinema Batsuit.

I'm terribly disapppointed in Emperor Penguin, so I'm not going to invest much personal energy or interest in this film.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I agree with Dwayne. I am approaching with an open mind, because, well... MY Batman has already been done. So anything else is just more. Batman has been all black for 30 years now, and could use a little color in his suit.

But regardless of the suit, I hope the direction offers some thrills, fun, and delight. Not just darkness. There's plenty of that in real life.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    OK...I'm just gonna give my two cents here.

I think what we've seen so far is garbage. Some folks may like it, and that's OK.

Me? I see nothing but director's vanity in these types of designs. I don't know why every director of a superhero film thinks they need to reinvent the wheel.

They feel this need to make the design "theirs" instead of just recreating what works perfectly to begin with.
    We've seen plenty of realistic Batman costume designs from toy companies that are almost 100% true to the comics, so it CAN be done.

Why can't Hollywood simply give us THIS? This is what I want to see on the screen, and I'm sure most of you do too.

dc-comics-batman-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100425-09.jpg
    because none of the actors to date have the physical build to pull that off without the padded armor to make them look muscular. Afleck is a big dude but I don't think he has the muscular definition to just wear stretchy fabric and look good

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    because none of the actors to date have the physical build to pull that off without the padded armor to make them look muscular. Afleck is a big dude but I don't think he has the muscular definition to just wear stretchy fabric and look good
    Huh? Brandon Routh looked pretty amazing in the Crisis Crossover, so it can definitely be done. Minimal sculped musculature underneath and subtle shading is all you need.

Besides, Batman shouldn't be hulking anyway. He would be so musclebound, there's no way he could be an effective martial artist.