X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

MOTU Origins Man-E-Faces revealed!

Holy CRAP...they are killing it with these!!

This figure has some tweaks to the sculpt, incorporating elements of the vintage and MOTU Classics versions.
    The result is a perfect 10/10 for me.

And the vintage figure for comparison...

• Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

He looks very nice.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Cool toy. So... do you prefer these to the originals? To my eyes, they are quite similar. Is the scale the same?

I'm asking as someone who never liked the original body style. ReAction is more my jam. (A little mad Super7 never did Man E Faces in ReAction)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm glad they have the tubes running on the outside of his skin. As a kid, that kind of bothered me. There was some subtle body horror going on there!

These looks great. I'm going to be really tempted to get into these. Any idea what these will retail for?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
          Cool toy. So... do you prefer these to the originals? To my eyes, they are quite similar. Is the scale the same?

I'm asking as someone who never liked the original body style. ReAction is more my jam. (A little mad Super7 never did Man E Faces in ReAction)
          I definitely prefer these...the added articulation and no rubber band legs is a total win-win. They are the same scale as vintage...5.5 inches.
          I will say Mattel's photos don't do them justice. You'd think they would take more care when posing them, because properly posed, they look AMAZING.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I'm glad they have the tubes running on the outside of his skin. As a kid, that kind of bothered me. There was some subtle body horror going on there!

These looks great. I'm going to be really tempted to get into these. Any idea what these will retail for?

Chris
            Regular retail will be $15...and they will come with all new mini-comics!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I definitely prefer these WAY over classics. MOTUC technically had more points of articulation but the range of motion wasn't nearly as good. I also prefer the original 5 1/2 scale to the larger classics.

Best MOTU figures since the originals. Really shows how well the majority of the 80s sculpts have aged too. Very subtle differences and tweaks. I would have painted Man-E's monster teeth but I totally get why they didn't and that's a very tiny nitpick.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Stunning. Really good and cool figure editions.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎