Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey smokers...

Images
    Blog Entries

Hey smokers...

...if you're going to sell online, please disclose your habit.

I ordered a set of GI Joe 40th MOC sandbags, and it was like the seller puffed in my face when I opened the box. The item is unstained but permeated.

Trying to figure out deodorizing now.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 12, '20 at 6:38 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I had some stuff that reeked of mildew and I kept in some new Ziploc bags for a while and now it just smells like plastic bag.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm trying to avoid washing them, that's the challenge. I tried surface cleaning but the stuffing stinks, I'm sure.

I can see a vinyl bag absorbing odors, though.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    throw in a dryer sheet too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    yes, use a dryer sheet and close it in the bag. replace after a couple days until the odor is gone. I agree that is a disgusting smell

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I agree that is a disgusting smell
    It's somehow worse than actual smoking. Funky.

That is why all my ebay auctions clearly state

"Items DO NOT come from a pet or smoke free home.
    If this is an issue for you, then you should probably pass on my auctions."

Images
    The dryer sheet method worked wonders on a Mego Mister Fantastic who must have been rescued from the Nicotine Zone. I had to leave him in the bag with the dryer sheets for like a month though!!!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Oh my son is struggling with that right now with Clone Troopers. The first batch reeked like the guy hotboxed them, they're still under quarantine since Christmas.

The second batch, we went to the seller's house, texted 20 minutes before arriving and the dude was pulling on a bong when we get there! So not only did the toys reek of weed but so did we for the rest of the day.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post

The second batch, we went to the seller's house, texted 20 minutes before arriving and the dude was pulling on a bong when we get there!
    Good grief. That shows a distinct lack of maturity and consideration for others.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...