• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
    Wow! What a nice collection!

I saw someone on social media complaining the NECA figures are too heavy for their plastic stands. Anyone with these in hand have issues of them pulling the stand down, with the stand joints being too loose to support the weight?
    If you are referring to the DST figures and i think you are, the conceit seems to be that they give like 8 inches of piping (I know how that sounds and I'm fine with it) but there is no sensible way the figures will stand with that. You have to use like half.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
      If you are referring to the DST figures and i think you are, the conceit seems to be that they give like 8 inches of piping (I know how that sounds and I'm fine with it) but there is no sensible way the figures will stand with that. You have to use like half.
      Yes I agree, use the short arm pieces and tighten the screws and you are good. I also find it odd that OLD BOB is way heavier than VINCENT. He's quite the chunky robot, haha.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Oops, yes, I meant the DST figures. Okay, so if I understand it right, you have choices on how long to make the stands when you assemble them, so you choose the shorter configuration for them so that there isn't too much leverage to weigh the stand down?

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
          Oops, yes, I meant the DST figures. Okay, so if I understand it right, you have choices on how long to make the stands when you assemble them, so you choose the shorter configuration for them so that there isn't too much leverage to weigh the stand down?
          Yes those are adjustable in length and orientation. I went with shorter mostly because it made them more stable.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

^Thank you.

Now, I just need BBTS to fulfill my preorder. Is there any reason to think they won't? These aren't that limited, are they?

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

If anyone was wondering where all the bits and pieces go...

Let's take a look at the new Vincent and Bob Black Hole figures from Diamond Select! Link to my Maximilian review video:https://youtu.be/gjdyREtoWVQ

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Walgreens has VINCENT and Maximilian at their stores in different packaging. I just picked up one of each, $16.99 a piece.

Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Palifan
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by drquest
                  Walgreens has VINCENT and Maximilian at their stores in different packaging. I just picked up one of each, $16.99 a piece.

Just wondered if you know if these single pack figures differ from the first release two packs?

They look to be the same but I thought it was worth checking.

Ian

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

I didn't open mine yet, but just holding the boxes they seem to be the same figures. There's accessories missing compared to the normal sets. Both have stands, Maximilian only seems to have the spinning attachments for his arms, and no extra head. Vincent seems to be the same accessories, but neither one has the Cygnus bridge set pieces.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Palifan
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by drquest
                      I didn't open mine yet, but just holding the boxes they seem to be the same figures. There's accessories missing compared to the normal sets. Both have stands, Maximilian only seems to have the spinning attachments for his arms, and no extra head. Vincent seems to be the same accessories, but neither one has the Cygnus bridge set pieces.
                      That's interesting that they have less as individual figures than the two packs. The two packs seem to be very late getting to the UK although I did mange to get them through Forbidden Planet which was fortunate as the only one that's on eBay over here right now is already at over double the cost.

Ian

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Palifan
                        That's interesting that they have less as individual figures than the two packs. The two packs seem to be very late getting to the UK although I did mange to get them through Forbidden Planet which was fortunate as the only one that's on eBay over here right now is already at over double the cost.

Ian
                        I would agree, although Maximilian is over half the cost of the Diamond version. I payed $16.99US for each of these, which is pretty cheap.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ToyTalk
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 25, 2020

Can't thank you enough for bringing these to my attention!!!! Went out and ordered them from Amazon a few minutes ago. Supposed to have them by next week. PLAY TIME!!!
                          Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎